ATR reverse settings using the HC Bravo

Like a few others, II use the HC Bravo for throttle/reverse in the ATR. Hence, the detent switch serves as the reverser. Does anyone know if it’s possible to set a limit on the reverser to stop it going to maximum reverse? Or is this file not editable at all?

And I’m still trying to make reverse thrust work at all with the Bravo.

Have a look at Simhanger on YT. I use his suggestions without any issue, bar the full reverse application

I tried it but for me his settings make
the throttle levers go into flight idle when I’m on the ground and I can’t make them go back to ground idle.

and that’s together with the EFB callibration?

Haven’t done the calibration since it came out, I might have to revisit that again.

Proven technology for the past 2 years which works with nearly all planes:

Bind the reverse button (so the button that gets triggered when the throttle is pulled all the way back into the detent) to “throttle decrease”.

That’s my default settings which work for all the other aircraft with reverse functionality. For some reason the ATR works differently. However it worked yesterday when I landed at ESGG :man_shrugging: It seems to work sporadically but most of the time not.

1 Like

same here, before last update it worked with no problems. really strange.

If you’re willing to play with spad.next, here is a video that actually makes the ATR’s reverse thrust work like it should. No extra button to toggle anything. You just pull back into the reverse thrust area and it goes to reverse and max. Then, when you return your Bravo throttles to idle, it comes out of reverse and goes to ground idle. No buttons to push or weirdness with throttles having a seizure.

There is an online snippet in spad.next now for the reversers which you can just import into your Bravo throttle. BarleyGamez’s video was too complicated for a numpty like me.
Copy your default profile and name it ATR then just import the snippets (there is one for each reverser) into that profile. I’ve left all my other Bravo assignments via MSFS but the 2 reverser buttons are assigned using sped.next.

It works every time.

1 Like

I thought Barley’s was great and use it now, except rather than have reverse at FULL, I have amended it to 70% and found that the aircraft slows more naturally now, not stopping instantly!

How do you set the 70% please?

sorry…flying the 737 currently…will try to look in 45 mins or so…
ok now I can
Watch Barley’s video How to Fix ATR Reverse Thrust issue in MSFS 2020 with Bravo Throttle or Other Throttles - YouTube
at 4:53, you’ll see he’s set throttle1_FULL event.
His original comment was this: ‘I did some testing and it looks like the most reliable way to get 70% reverse thrust is to add “THROTTLE_70” after the “THROTTLE_FULL” event’.

I just used the first part only THROTTLE_70 and it worked. I guess you could use any % of course.

See how you go. Hope it works for you.