ATR weird behavior

Hello, tried the ATR today after a while and the aircraft has a real weird behavior, from cold and dark I do everything as normal, power up, loading, fms, etc. However when I start the hotel mode, the plane starts to move and shake , yeah sounds funny but that’s actually what happens, basically the aircraft wont stop moving after I try hotel mode, is this a bug? I use the honeycomb bravo with a profile created long time ago not sure if that has to do anything with it but no other plane do that for me. Thanks for any help here in advance. I use the sim on PC just in case.

Chocks set ???

No, I’ve seen that since the last patch, the thing hops in place. Also sometimes makes some rather mechanical grinding noises in hotel mode that seem to go away with external power & come back if you remove it. But not always.

On top of that:

• Has a very hard time holding GS unless you go back to alt hold & then APP again.
  • If you change your flightplan now it’ll remove everything behind the current target WP & then insert a new previous WP in some bizarre random location, so you’re now way off track. Seems to insert odd WPs into procedures too, so far had it add something to a STAR, an approach ( at 90 deg from the FAF of all places ), and it wander back & forwards across a SID track so badly I had to put it in HDG. It settled down once it’d finished the SID, so it wasn’t a trim issue.

Those are all since the patch too, it was pretty robust in the previous one. These new ones smell of old unsolved CRJ problems… honestly considering restoring the previous one from a backup.

Why? I Hotel mode the prop doesn’t turn, hence the ATR shouldn’t move.

Not answering on the Hotel Mode itself, rather if the aircraft is moving, let’s stop it, or avoid it moving by applying parking brakes or settings chocks … right ???
The Hotel Mode is another issue … !!!
There, with a question and with the OP potential answer, we’ll start to share and investigate … :wink:

All solved now guys, was the fsrealostic engine vibration effects, i really didnt had that issue with any other aircraft, when i disabled the option then the issue was solved, thanks everyone for the great answers and help!

1 Like

The amount of developer complaints ( valid ) about FSRealistic I’ve heared has put me off ever going near it, no matter what it does. In my case though I have no idea what’s causing hopping, I guess it might be some wierdness concering certain parking spots, it’s difficult to reproduce. I generally check for file overrides using Parallel 42’s tool every time something new gets installed & there’s nothing clashing with either the ATR or something the ATR relies on in there atm. I’d advise everyone to run that checker btw, there are some surprising offenders around.

The nav & AP issues are more prevalent unfortunately - add to that list an occasional tendancy to dive ( I should say “plummet” ) when engaging VNAV, as if it thinks alt sel is set to 0, but pretty sure it shouldn’t divebomb with the VSI pegged even then… the excessive reverse thrust I suspect is a result of some design philosophy & might need a lot of things revised, so I doubt that’ll ever get changed.

Yes im considering not to use it anymore, is not doing much on my sim to be honest