ATSimulations Focke-Wulf P.149D released

Greetings,

hopefully I can post my request in this thread as this seems to me the most relevant in the forum

I have the Piaggio 149 since january and recently noted that I cannot see the pilot and copilot avatars from the external view

I tried to change the avatars in MSFS settings but the issue persisted

I have tried to remove from ‘Community’ folder the single repaint mod for P149 that I added but the issue persisted

I made a ‘Community’ folder with only the P149 folder in it but the issue persisted

Do you have any suggestion to solve this issue?

Thank you very much in advance

That’s a weird one. I have pilots in the external view with my copy. When I’m faced with an odd issue like that and even an empty community folder doesn’t help, my next step would be to delete my content.xml file.

1 Like

Heya,

thank you for your suggestion, I tried by removing the content.xml file but the issue still persists

Looking at the cockpit from the outside, seems that both pilot and co-pilot are ‘invisible’, the safety belts pulled around invisible bodies

Really weird I admit

Have you tried choosing different default Avatars ?

1 Like

BlockquoteRegarding ATS support, I read somewhere them at the dev lives in Ukraine so I wouldn’t count on support until the situation there improves.

oh, didn’t know that…it explain now their silence since february. i was impatient to see the p149 updated, but it seems it won’t be soon.

1 Like

He lives in Russia. Novosibirsk, I believe? But that won’t make it any better since there are all sorts of lockdowns happening as well as Microsoft’s services suspended on the territory of Russia. That would certainly affect MSFS considering it lives mostly in the cloud.

1 Like

Yep. Same here.
Emails keep bouncing back. If ATsimulations is russian (the website doesn’t have any information about the location), it’s most propably blocked due to the sanctions.

1 Like

Greetings All,

thank you for your feedbacks, I then believe the P.149D will not receive updates in the forseeable future…

Regarding my issue of pilot and co-pilot being ‘invisible’ in the external view (oodily enough the seat belts are shown strapped around their ‘invisible’ bodies), I have tried toi change avatars, change aircraft payloads, reinstall multiple times even with no other community add-ons, nothing worked… that is really weird because in all other respects MSFS runs beautifully on my PC (i.e. never had a crash or BSOD since first installation in january)

Probably that is a nasty glith that a person knowledgeable on MSFS modeling may solve… unfortunately I do know anything about 3D modeling… maybe some fellow simmer in the forum would be so kind to help

If I choose any other than the default pilot in the options PRIOR TO THE FLIGHT, at least the pilot (left seat) is visible in external view. If I choose the default pilot prior to the flight, the left seat is also empty, even if I change it IN FLIGHT via the options.
Right seat is always empty, just the harness is visible which looks weird.

If I add weight for the passengers, both show up (I think they are custom).

This is not the only plane that has problems with the display of the pilots. All cricri’s have this too (solved by choosing any other pilot than default PRIOR TO FLIGHT)

and

the flyingiron P38 (not the exact same problem, but similar)
But at least I got an Email from flying Iron how to solve parts of the problem and they say that they are aware and they work on a fix.

1 Like

Heya! Thank you, it worked for me exactly as you described. I have chosen a pilot avatar different from the default one before loading the flight and now he is showing up! Also the 2 passenger are shown if I set their weight on the payload table. At least now the Piaggio is no longer a radio controlled drone!!! :joy:
Joking aside, suggestion very much appreciated!
Cheers

2 Likes

I’m glad that it worked for you, too.
Unfortunately, seeing the current situation, I think that’s what we have to deal with for a long long time (i.e. years).
It’s a pitty because I really like this plane…

2 Likes

I dig a bit into the information provided by MSFS SDK trying to understand and solve the ‘invisible’ pilot and co-pilot issue.

I end up comparing the flight_model.cfg file of the Piaggio P.149D with the same file of a MSFS aircraft that has 4 seats and is working properly, specifically the Cessna C172 SP G1000

Noted that the syntax in the [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] ‘station_load’ section was a bit different between the two, hence tried to copy-and-paste the Cessna section into the Piaggio one and, lol and behold, it worked!

Now I have both pilot and co-pilot visible in the cockpit while in external camera mode.

If you would like to try, follow these instructions:

• open with notepad the flight_model.cfg file of the Piaggio P.149D (located inside the directory: SimObjects\Airplanes\ATSIMULATIONS_AIRCRAFT_PIAGGIO

• make a backup copy of the original flight_model.cfg file

• locate the [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] section

• located the string ‘max_number_of_stations =5’

• the original ‘station.load’ string should be the following:

station_load.0 =190, 0.63, -1.11, 0.15, TT:Pilot, 0
station_load.1 =190, 0.63, 1.11, 0.05, TT: Copilot, 0
station_load.2 =0, -2, -1, 0, TT: Passenger 1, 0
station_load.3 =0, -2, 1, 0, TT:Passenger 2, 0
station_load.4 =77, -4.1, 0, -0.2, TT:Baggage, 0

• overwrite all of them with the following:

station_load.0 =190, 0.63, -1.11, 0.15, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PILOT, 1
station_load.1 =190, 0.63, 1.11, 0.05, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.COPILOT, 2
station_load.2 =0, -2, -1, 0, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_LEFT, 5
station_load.3 =0, -2, 1, 0, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_RIGHT, 5
station_load.4 =77, -4.1, 0, -0.2, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.CARGO, 6

Close notepad confirming to save the flight_model.cfg file (note that it must be saved as ‘CFG’ file, not as a ‘TXT’ file)

That seem to do the trick for me, wish this workaround will help other simmers that have the same issue

Happy flights

7 Likes

Woohoo!! Thank you very much! That seems to work.

2 Likes

Excellent! I am very glad it works for you!
The nice Piaggio has no more invisible crew :wink:

1 Like

My throttle slider on my T.16000 does not work anymore with this bird, anyone found a workaround? For all other planes in the sim, I have no issues with the throttle…

Thanks a lot - I made a little Addon from that - so that you don’t habe to need to touch the original files. For beginners

2 Likes

Great idea!
Cheers

OK, it’s on flightsim, with little tribute. Thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s answered just a few messages up. A sim update a while back broke a bunch of throttle controls. Bind Throttle 1-4 to your Throttle axis on your joystick and that will fix it.

3 Likes

Tried to reach their support via info@atsimulations.com. No success, this email cannot be reached. FB chanel silent as well with latest post on Dec 21 last year.
Any idea what happened to them?