Attaching Logitech multi panel to desk

Any creative ideas for securing this to the front edge of my desk? Velcro would be easy, but I use the desk for other things and that would be in the way if the desk is used for writing. I’ve put some rubber feet on the underside to prevent slippage, but I still need to grab the panel to press buttons. A clamping device would be nice, but my keyboard sits just under the desktop on a pull-out drawer, limiting the “underdesk” space. Is anyone using a creative method for this? I know that I use my desk for too many things.
Thanks,
Dave

I mounted mine under the desk, by drilling a couple holes in the top of the mounting bracket and screwing it to the bottom of the desktop. Used velcro only long enough to decide where I wanted them, but the Velcro doesn’t hold them steady enough, so the screws worked great.

Later in the build (once my Bravo Throttle arrived), I stacked my two radio panels and one multi panel on top of the Alpha and Bravo units.

Jim-Sim

Edit: There are some additional ideas in this thread:

Ooohhh. I was there earlier in the year with this one… I had the brainwave of a cheap panel on my desk. It all seemed so simple and so cheap. Well, one thing led to another and that panel grew. Two Logitech panels were the real start point. Then, a 15 inch screen. Then a 10 inch tablet. Two stopwatches. LED top lighting. Streamdeck XL and an older 7 inch tablet. Cheap, it wasn’t. Effective, it certainly is. All the fault of that first Logitech panel. Be careful what you wish for :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hear you. I go through that with every hobby I start: Audiophile audio, audio recording, model building, ham radio, astronomy, and now flight simming. I have CDO; it’s like OCD but the letters are in the proper order as they should be. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve just bought three of these.

It mentions using 8020 or 8040 Alu. extrusion but from the looks of it I think a single 2020 would probably work just as well.

I then just need to find a way to temporarily mount this pole on my desk, in some kind of clamp.

1 Like

That seller now also sels a desk clamp for the flight panels. I use those now. The thing has rubber feet and is rely solid, doesn’t go anywhere.

1 Like

I’ll take a look, thanks. I had been using the radio panels, and multipanel on the right of the yoke, with the switches on the left. I had to swap hands to lower the gear in flight. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just found another one with an underdesk mount.

1 Like

Looks nice, I only cant really drill in my desk unfortunatly. Else It could have been a great option.

1 Like

To be fair I wouldn’t either. I have a hand made solid wood sit/stand desk, and no way am I drilling holes in that.

1 Like

I’ve just been having a conversation with a creator on Etsy. They are hoping to bring a new product to market after they get things 100% to their satisfaction.

Here are some images:

The idea is you buy the base clamp, then buy as many of the brackets to screw in to the base unit.

1 Like

Oh that looks great, would be really handy. You can just mount that thing on top of the existing desk mounts isnt it? I look forward tho that .

I just used velcro to attach the included bracket to my desk, been there 1.5 years no issues, with the radio and autopilot panel mounted on top.

No issues.

The main bottom bracket, and the additional ones will bolt together, so they should be pretty rigid. The small front facing holes look like they use the original Logitech screws.

I have two panels currently stacked to the immediate right of my yoke, with the TQ on the other side of that. With a third, and fourth stacked there it will obscure my monitor! :slight_smile:

I’d consider moving that stack just to the other side of the TQ, but not sure if that is too far to reach over.

1 Like

Hi,
Who is the creator on Etsy?
I’m interested in buying if they’ve finished the design?
Thanks

Etsy is a shop front for creators. You get a lot of 3D printed stuff on there.

lol I didn’t ask what is Etsy, I asked “who is the CREATOR on Etsy” :slight_smile: and how did they go?

1 Like

Ah, sorry. I just re-read that. :slight_smile:

Their name is IGOAeu.

I saw that the new panels are online. These: Straight Flight panel mount bracket Logitech. Ideal for - Etsy Nederland can stack on top of the desk panel mounts: Desk Mount Flight panel Logitech. Ideal for mounting your - Etsy Nederland . They look pretty nice.

1 Like

I’d love to get all three mounted vertically, but I think they might be tall enough to obscure the bottom of my monitor, and that in turn will mess up my Tobii head tracker.