Attempt to start a new project

Hello, I am trying to start a new project, but due my lack of skills about coding and modeling , I will need some help and/or tips. I was thinking if it is possible to change a airplane model to another, I mean, I have found a pretty good C17 3d model for free, however, this one is saved as gltf if I am right. It is possible to use this model, convert him to work with the Sim and then build a new airplane for msfs? I was starting watching some sdk videos from YouTube to learn how to do these things, it will be a very long road but with pacience maybe the project is possible.
If anyone have suggestions or tips, that will be really appreciated.

Step one. Get a simple box to appear in the sim.

Take it one step at a time. Trying to build or convert an existing aircraft without getting the basics sorted means you could be dealing with dozens of problems at once instead of just one at a time.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply, we’ll, my ideia is one, I have a much better 3d model of C17, is just the model without animations, my biggest question is, is it possible use that model to build a new airplane or at least use it to change the C17 model that I have ported from fsx? The file is gltf but can be edited to add animations and work in msfs 2020 right?

If you can load the plane into Blender or 3Ds Max then yes. But you will have to edit it to add the cockpit details, animations and textures to work in MSFS. Which is why you start with a box, then add another box and animate it to move with the elevator.

1 Like

Well, this weekend I have a bit more time to start digging into blender and making my first steps. I will try to start Friday night and do a marathon to see if I can make any progress. One of my biggest issues is about my job. I am a truck driver and spent lots of time away from home. So, this project will take a while to advance. However I will try to make it it happen as fast as I can. Probably there will be a release in the next 10 years :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thx for your feedback :+1::+1:

What courage!
Why not take a good Notebook (W10) and install MSFS on it?
Oh, you don’t need a super PC, the main thing is that MSFS can work (low resolution?) So, when you are away from home, you can spend your evenings “alone” to learn and continue your creations.
To start with SDK…it’s to spend more time to read, to get information, than to write for example some lines of code.
I had some “SDK” notions when I was using FSX, and I was using Xplane for 5-6 years, reading the examples for MSFS…oh how complicated it has become! XML, json…references on other references. Manifest etc etc
Wow…they couldn’t have made it any more complicated…it’s a little bit like “Spaghetti”.
I understand why programmers have a “headache” in this area.

Anyway, good luck
J.-François :wink:

Translated with .DeepLTranslator (free version)

1 Like

This may get you started, although some things may have changed since it was made…

1 Like

He’s just released this

And a new series will come with it.

I’d love to have a go at an aircraft but I think I’ll leave it to people who know more.

2 Likes

Just grabbed that - hopefully gets some positive use!

1 Like