ATTN DEVS (An easy one)

I feel like what I need is so simple that its ridiculous that its not in the game.

INSTRUMENT HUD HOTKEY

On PC we can bind keys to so many things, but we can’t get the ability to assign the HUD to a key. For those that don’t understand, I fly in external view a lot. I should not have to pause the game to hide the gauges on the screen. The 3rd party mod is no longer working since the update. I would post in the development thread but they closed it. So hopefully the right person see this. It can’t be that difficult to free up that setting so we can map it on the keyboard.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve thought in the past this would be a good feature to have. To be honest I never have the HUD turned on in the exterior view these days but it would definitely be useful to be able to flick it on and off quickly with a hot key button.

Comes in handy on the bush trips. Need the gauges but want to view the views too.

There is a wishlist thread for this one, you can vote for it here:

1 Like

Sorry but that thread is old. The devs need a fresh reminder. I also don’t feel like this should be on a “wish” list. This should be as simple as giving that setting permission to be mapped.

1 Like

I didn’t even know we could hide the gauges… Thanks for the tip. Is it in the options then?

Sure can. Main options under Camera. Scroll down and it will say Instrument Heads-Up-Display (HUD). Toggle on or off.

1 Like

Instrument panel toggles, player names and registrations, POI marks, fauna markers - all these should be in the drop down menu

Correct but we should have the ability to hotkey the HUD setting. Another 3rd party dev was able to make a mod but it doesn’t work anymore. Hoping the devs of this game can just add the ability to map it.

Has always seemed like a nice addition and agree that its odd this isn’t a thing yet.

Just because something is old doesn’t mean it doesn’t have value :wink:

As has been said, there is a wishlist for this and for those interested in this (great) idea, please continue discussion in the wish list thread, where there is also the opportunity to vote:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/hotkey-to-toggle-the-instrument-hud-in-the-outer-view/243619