Audio stuttering

As above, audio is stuttering so badly I’ve had to turn it off.

Anyone else having similar issues?

I couldn’t find any hardware audio settings, not sure what to try.

Is there anything I can adjust to try to make audio work?

2 Likes

i had this bug in fsx/p3d, uninstall Nvidia high definition audio and it’ll go away, for me it was drastically reduced but still existed, a little overclock to my processor solved my stuttering completely

1 Like

This appears to be a new bug, as it wasn’t present on the prerelease game. I notice the visual and audio stutters occur together.

Visually, the game doesn’t stutter at all, it’s silky smooth.

So doesn’t seem to be the case here.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

We might have found the solution for this issue. Make sure that windows is up to date. Microsoft Flight Simulator is developed for Windows 10 Version 1909 or higher.

Visit our FAQ article for more informations.

Logged in today, was distracted while booting it up so didn’t see if anything updated but the audio is fixed. Yay!

Edit: Oh no, spoke too soon. it’s busted again :wink:

I had an audio stuttering issue - would cut out every two or three seconds: - What I found out was on my system I use Corsair Virtuoso wireless headphones that charge by USB. My headphones were plugged in and charging (not in use) and when I disconnected the USB cable from them the stuttering immediately stopped. I found that odd - but hope this might help someone that has the same headphones.

LOL, I found the issue, it’s the Microsoft XBox 360 controller plugged into computer…

…it has a Headphone/Headset audio device!

Disabling has sorted it for me.

1 Like

The audio stuttering issue happens to me too. Sometimes accompanied by a visual stutter, but not always.

I’m on the very latest updates to Windows version 21H1.

EDIT: It’s far more common over heavily populated areas. Flying into EGLL it’s happening quite frequently (with visual stutter too)

1 Like

Actually this happened to me too yesterday.

I did a bit of digging around and found the Ethernet connection was maxed out and the sim was downloading gigs of data all the time and and a drive was being heavily used saving it, probably to the rolling cache, so my system was running out of resources and causing the fps to drop into the teens with the video and audio stuttering.

I could make a temporary cure by turning off all the streaming options on the Data settings.

I think it may have been owing to the rolling cache becoming corrupted as I went to 4 x speed during a cruise just before it started. The sim then went crazy trying to repeatedly download scenery all the time and eating up all the system resources.

I managed to cure it by deleting the rolling cache and recreating it again. I also moved it to a different drive so that may have helped too.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Uninstalling Nvidia HD audio as @CharanXD mentioned helps a lot, but still comes up now and then.
another thing I’ve noticed also helps (but I have no clue why this does), is to just open the troubleshoot window, and keep it open. So every time I play a game or notice audio stutter, I just right-click the speaker down in the corner, click ‘troubleshoot sound problem’, and then I do nothing. As long as the troubleshooting window is open, audio is better.

My own little theory is that this help because audio has higher priority during the troubleshooting, but that’s just a guess.

First of all, good hint with the headset. I use Corsair HS60 and unplugging immediately solved the issue. But this did not make me happy, so I started digging. And here is what helped me:

After applying this setting, no more sound stutter (and of course I can use the headset now)

Thanks for this on the sonic part, I also uninstalled Nvidia HD Audio so hopefully this fixes the problem as I am having a lot of audio stuttering after sim update 8. Wasn’t happening with su7.

1 Like