August 24, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

6 Likes

Are you able to shed some light on the changes to the Marketplace “iteration”?

1 Like

Meanwhile, nothing from the update to the 737 PMDG with the long-awaited improvement to the Xbox S. What a disappointment.

4 Likes

Thank you for consistently delivering exceptional weekly updates.

I know it’s Summer and all, but come on, the backlog is at 500+ again. Is there really no incentive to bring it down, or god forbid, completely erase? I don’t yet see how it’s healthy to deliberately keep hundreds of products in the backlog. Releasing only 14 products (7 to be more exact)? In my opinion, that should happen only when the backlog is empty and there’s literally nothing to release. But the backlog is full. So I’m confused about what’s happening here again.

13 Likes

That’s an excellent collection of screenshot challenge entries. Must have been hard to pick a winner.

2 Likes

Please update the PMDG 737. Is bank holiday weekend.

1 Like

Seriously or facetiously?

Answer: Seriously. I changed the ambiguity of the sentence. It originally sounded like a double entendre.

Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like

So what’s going on with the marketplace then?

There used to be ~1000 items in the queue then we had the new process where developers did most of the testing themselves. The backlog came down but now seems stuck around 500 items. Better, but still awful.

Of the items in the backlog, 83% of the new releases are held up on a step Microsoft is responsible for, and 88% of the updates likewise. For sure the developers have got on board and are doing a great job in getting quality updates tested on their side.

I know there’s summer holidays in France etc but that’s not the root cause of the problem here. Clearly something else needs to change.

5 Likes

I’m just hoping they fix all the bugs that have come out with their tinkering on each sim update.

• DirectX12 texture tile bug.
  • Performance losses in the latest Beta
  • Freelook Mouse control lock.
  • DFW blurry terrain/Photogrammetry bleed.

I completely understand when new features are brought in and have to be perfected. But now all I am seeing are features that worked fine get broken at the expense of features that are not essential.

We need more quality control in this team.

2 Likes

So what’s up with DX12? Maybe I wasn’t aware of much texture bug.

Mixed textures in ground at default airport DX12 Beta - Bug Reports / Scenery and Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

That’s weird I haven’t experienced that but I guess it may be dependent on other settings as well. Truly there’s no program that fits every configuration.