Aussie Group Flights Team - Blue Mountains to Mt Panorama

Join us in a flight from the very scenic Wollongong coastal airport - Shellharbour(YSHL) as we fly over Wollongong and take in the scenery around the coastal fringe, before heading over the escarpment and local water reservoirs towards a touch an go at Wedderburn, which is heavily wooded on all sides. Camden which is my home airport and where I learnt to fly, is our next touch and go. The Oakes, which is a little strip just south of Camden, where I used to practice forced landings, we will perform another touch and go. We then head to Warragamba River and follow it into Lake Burragorang and then follow Cox River into the Burragorang Valley. We then fly past the famous Three Sisters rock formation on Echo Point and pass over Katoomba before landing at a little dirt strip at Katooomba(YKAT). After a short break stop, we will make our way west towards Bathurst but overflying the famous Bathurst Mt Panorama circuit and Bathurst township before landing at Bathurst (our final destination). A very scenic flight that will cover a variety of terrain.

Details to follow. Hope you can join us.

Regards, Paul

2 Likes

ATTENTION Aussie Flight Group Participants …

Group Flight: 2021-11-26T09:00:00Z

PLEASE DO NOT SPAWN ON THE RUNWAY. ENSURE YOU SELECT THE STARTING POSITION ON THE RAMP.

Route: YSHL(Shellharbour) - YWBN(Wedderburn) - YSCN(Camden) - YOAS(The Oaks) - Warragamba River - Lake Burragorang - Cox River - Burragorang Valley - Three Sisters - Katoomba - YKAT(Katoomba) - Mt Panorama Circuit - Bathurst - YBTH(Bathurst).

Take off from YSHL(Shellharbour)
Track 350 deg to YWBN(Wedderburn) 23nm
Touch and Go at YWBN(Wedderburn)
Track 311 deg to YSCN(Camden) 10.3nm
Touch and Go at YSCN(Camden)
Track 235 deg to YOAS(The Oaks) 6.8nm
Touch and Go at YOAS(The Oaks)
Track 271 deg to WP1 Warragamba River 7.4nm
Follow Warragambia River to Lake Burragorang 3.3nm
Follow Lake Burragorang to WP4 entry to Cox River 3.5nm
Follow Cox River through to the Burragorang Valley and onto 3SIS(Three Sisters) 15.2nm
Track 338 deg to WP8 across the Katoomba township 1.3nm
Track 0 deg to YKAT(Katoomba) 2.9mn
Full Stop Landing at YKAT(Katoomba) +++10min Break+++
Take off from  YKAT(Katoomba)
Track 276 deg to MTPAN(Mt Panorama Circuit) 41nm
Track 018 deg to WP9 Bathurst Township 2.8nm
Track 073 deg to YBTH(Bathurst)
Full Stop Landing at  YBTH(Bathurst)

Altitude: The route can be flown up to 6,500’ to be clear of terrain.

Airport details:
Shellharbour(YSHL)
Elev: 31’
RW 16/34 Asphalt
RW 08/26 Asphalt

Wedderburn(YWBN)
Elev: 850’
RW 17/35 Asphalt

Camden(YSCN)
Elev: 230’
RW 06/24 Asphalt
RW 10/28 Grass

The Oaks(YOAS)
Elev: 880’
RW 18L/36R Dirt
RW 18R/36L Dirt

Katoomba(YKAT)
Elev: 3,280’
RW 07/25 Grass
RW 01/28 Grass

Bathurst(YBTH)
Elev: 2,435’
RW 17/35 Bituminous
RW 08/26 Dirt

Aircraft: Your favourite GA aircraft.

IMPORTANT: In the interest of keeping it REAL, please refrain from selecting inappropriate aircraft, like airliners. This only detracts from the immersion of the flight.

Seeing Aircraft Correctly: You need to do two things to ensure you can see the other pilots in the event and see them in the aircraft they selected.

Select the same server: To do this, proceed as follows:

From the Welcome Screen, click on your Username (top right)
From the list of servers, under Servers, select WEST USA

Turn off Generic Planes: To do this, proceed as follows:

From the Welcome Screen, click on OPTIONS
Click on GENERAL
With TRAFFIC selected, scroll down to the last option and set USE GENERIC PLANE MODELS to OFF

Turning off Crash/Damage:

Select Options/Assistance
Expand Failure & Damage
Disable Crash Damage
Disable Aircraft Stress Damage
Disable Engine Stress Damage
Accept the changes

Voice Room: My personal Discord server is used for voice comms. If you haven’t already joined my server, click on the below link to request access. I will set you up as a Member so you can access the server. Ensure you do this prior to the flight, as latecomers will need to wait for the next event.

Link to join the Voice Room: Aussie Group Flights Team - On-line Flying
Note: this link is only valid for 7 days from posting.

Weather/Time: We will set the time to 8am. This will allow us to fly in daylight and choose CLEAR Weather, so can enjoy the scenery, if the REAL weather is poor:

From the World Map view, click on Flight Conditions (upper right of screen)
Click on All Players, Live Traffic, Custom
Under Weather and Time, select Clear Weather and move the time slide bar to show 8:00am. 
Click Close and Fly from the World Map view.

We can start departing from 10:00z. There will be no need for official radio calls. Lets just have some fun taking in the scenery and the social aspects of the event.

Turning on Points of Interest

Select Options/Assistance
Expand POI
Set Landmark Markers to ON
Set City Markers to ON
Set Airport Markers to ON
Accept the changes

Turning on Name Tags (This will assist you in following the group if you get disoriented):

Select Options/GeneralTraffic
Set Show Traffic Nameplates to On
Accept the settings

Still confused, check out the multiplayer video tutorial from SimHangar Flight Simulation: MSFS | MULTIPLAYER | How To Guide | Everything You Need To Know | Fly in events coming soon. - YouTube

Let me know if there’s anything else that I’ve missed that you need to know.,

Regards, Paul

Flight Plans for the event …

Little NavMap: VFR Shellharbour Airport (YSHL) to Bathurst (YBTH).lnmpln (3.8 KB)

MSFS: VFR Shellharbour Airport (YSHL) to Bathurst (YBTH).pln (4.8 KB)

Recommended scenery addon from Flightsim.to:

Print this flight card out for your easy reference during the flight (Note: only available up to the date of the flight):

Event reminder…