Aussie Group Flights Team - CJ4 Event

Come join us as we fly our first Business Jet event up the East Coast of Florida from Miami Executive in the South to Jacksonville Executive in the North. The event will take only one hour, will cover some busy aircraft traffic scenery and will form part 1 of a two part event as we continue North West to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int Airport.

Part 1 will begin at 1000z and complete soon after 1100z. We will take a break at Jacksonville to set up our aircraft for the second flight - Part 2 and depart Jacksonville at 1130z for the second leg of the journey. The second leg will also take roughly one hour.

Our cruising altitude will be FL280 (28,000 feet).

If you don’t have the Working Title Mod for the CJ4, I thoroughly recommend it.

CJ4 Working Title Mod Vers 0.12.1: Working Title CJ4 - Intro
Example of the one of the many good tutorials for the mod: How To Fly the Working Title CJ4 - YouTube

Part 1: KTMB to KCRG

Part 2: KCRG to KATL

Hope you can join us for this new variation on our group flights.

Regards, Paul

ATTENTION Aussie Flight Group Participants …

Group Flight: 2021-05-21T10:00:00Z

PLEASE DO NOT SPAWN ON THE RUNWAY. ENSURE YOU SELECT THE STARTING POSITION ON THE RAMP.

Part 1: KTMB to KCRG
Route: KTMB(Miami Executive) - OCTAL - MATLK - ONEWY - ZERBO - DUCEN - OVENP - KCRG(Jacksonville Executive).

Part 2: KCRG to KATL
Route: KCRG(Jacksonville Executive) - SHRKS - YANTI - ATL - KATL(Hartsfield-Jackson, Atlanta Int Airport)

Part 1: Departs at 1000z

Take off from Miami Executive(KTMB)
Track 029 deg to OCTAL 33nm
Track 345 deg to MATLK 108nm
Track 357 deg to ONEWY 33nm
Track 346 deg to ZERBO 35nm
Track 003 deg to DUCEN 22nm
Track 004 deg to OVENP 52nm
Track 335 deg to Jacksonville Executive(KCRG) 14.1nm
Full Stop Landing at Jacksonville Executive(KCRG)

Part 2: Departs at 1130z

Take off from Jacksonville Executive(KCRG)
Track 330 deg to SHRKS 22nm
Track 328 deg to YANTI 90nm
Track 330 deg to ATL 135nm
Track 034 deg to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int Airport(KATL) 0.8nm
Full Stop landing at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int Airport(KATL)

Altitude: Cruise altitude is set at FL280 (28,000 feet).

Airport details:

Miami Executive(KTMB)
Elev: 8’
RW 09L/27R Asphalt
RW 09R/27L Asphalt
RW 13/31 Asphalt

Jacksonville Executive(KCRG)
Elev: 38’
RW 05/23 Asphalt
RW 14/32 Asphalt

Procedures:
VORDME ALVAS - RW 14
ILS ADERR - RW 32 Freq: 111.70 Cse: 322
RNAV AMGEJ - RW 14

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int Airport(KATL)
Elev: 999’
RW 08L/26R Asphalt
RW 08R/26L Asphalt
RW 09L/27R Asphalt
RW 09R/27L Asphalt
RW 10/28 Asphalt

Procedures:
ILS SCHEL - RW 8L Freq: 109.30 Cse: 095
RNAV Y SCHEL RW 8L
RNAV Z SCHEL RW 8L
ILS HARSN - RW 8R Freq: 109.90 Cse: 095
RNAV HARSN - RW 8R
ILS VINII - RW 09L Freq: 110.50 Cse: 095
RNAV VINII - RW 09L
ILS BURNY - RW 09R Freq: 108.90 Cse 095
RNAV BURNY - RW 09R
ILS ZMANN - RW 10 Freq: 111.55 Cse 095
RNAV Y ZMANN - RW 10
RNAV Z ZMANN - RW 10
ILS DEJAA - RW 26L Feq: 108.70 Cse: 275
RNAV DEJAA - RW 26L
ILS AJAAY - RW 26R Feq: 110.10 Cse: 275
RNAV Y AJAAY - RW 26R
RNAV Z AJAAY - RW 26R
ILS DEPOT - RW 27L Feq: 108.50 Cse: 275
RNAV DEPOT - RW 27L
ILS OSTRR - RW 27R Feq: 111.30 Cse: 275
RNAV OSTRR - RW 27R
ILS JUBBA - RW 28 Feq: 111.75 Cse: 275
RNAV Y JUBBA - RW 28
RNAV Z JUBBA - RW 28

Aircraft: Citation CJ4

IMPORTANT: In the interest of keeping it REAL, please refrain from selecting inappropriate aircraft, like airliners. This only detracts from the immersion of the flight.

Seeing Aircraft Correctly: You need to do two things to ensure you can see the other pilots in the event and see them in the aircraft they selected.

Select the same server: To do this, proceed as follows:

From the Welcome Screen, click on your Username (top right)
From the list of servers, under Servers, select WEST USA

Turn off Generic Planes: To do this, proceed as follows:

From the Welcome Screen, click on OPTIONS
Click on GENERAL
With TRAFFIC selected, scroll down to the last option and set USE GENERIC PLANE MODELS to OFF

Turning off Crash/Damage:

Select Options/General/Flight Model
Select Legacy Model, so you can adjust the settings below
Move Crash Realism to 0
Select Modern Model, to reselect the appropriate flight model
Accept the settings

Next:

Select Options/Assistance
Expand Failure & Damage
Disable Crash Damage
Accept the changes

Voice Room: Discord for Official MSFS Community: Event #1 or Event #2 are the voice rooms available to us. I need to see which is available on the day and reserve it. I will be in the room and get it authorised for our use. Just look for my Userid: VHFIB to determine which room to enter. Until the room is open only one person can be in the room. In the past we have needed to use a PTT (push to talk) button. This is no longer required, so you can use voice activated comms. Some people prefer to use their phone or ipad etc for Discord comms.

Note: if you are new to the Discord Server for MSFS, you will need to “react” to get access to the voice rooms.

To “react”, once in the Discord for Official MSFS, click on the Important - Info option and at the very bottom, click on the button (last item at the bottom of the screen) to react and provide access. Note: clicking on the button accepts the conditions etc., which you can read via the available links.

Link to join the Voice Room: https://discord.gg/eYxMA8x8
Note: this link is only valid for 7 days from posting.

Weather/Time: We will set the time to 8am. This will allow us to fly in daylight and choose CLEAR Weather, so can enjoy the scenery:

From the World Map view, click on Flight Conditions (upper right of screen)
Click on All Players, Live Traffic, Custom
Under Weather and Time, select Clear Weather and move the time slide bar to show 8:00am. 
Click Close and Fly from the World Map view.

We can start departing from 10:00z. There will be no need for official radio calls. Lets just have some fun taking in the scenery and the social aspects of the event.

Turning on Name Tags (This will assist you in following the group if you get disoriented):

Select Options/GeneralTraffic
Set Show Traffic Nameplates to On
Accept the settings

Still confused, check out the multiplayer video tutorial from SimHangar Flight Simulation: MSFS | MULTIPLAYER | How To Guide | Everything You Need To Know | Fly in events coming soon. - YouTube

Let me know if there’s anything else that I’ve missed that you need to know.,

Regards, Paul

Flight Plans …

Part 1:

Little NavMap: IFR Miami Executive (KTMB) to Jacksonville Executive At Craig Airport (KCRG).lnmpln (2.5 KB)
MSFS: IFR Miami Executive (KTMB) to Jacksonville Executive At Craig Airport (KCRG).pln (3.8 KB)

Part 2:

Little NavMap: IFR Jacksonville Executive At Craig Airport (KCRG) to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int Airport (KATL).lnmpln (1.9 KB)
MSFS: IFR Jacksonville Executive At Craig Airport (KCRG) to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int Airport (KATL).pln (2.6 KB)

Print this Flight Card out for your easy reference during the flight …

PLEASE NOTE: These events are only a bit of fun, so don’t be concerned about being able to perform IFR procedures. Just fly the plane the best way you know how. It’s more important for you to JOIN IN and have some FUN flying the CJ4.

In it’s simplest form, you simply load the flight plan I provided into MSFS, pick the CJ4 and just fly. You DON’T need to install the Working Title Mod if you don’t want to. Hope this clears up any concerns for those not comfortable with IFR flights.

Regards, Paul

Our Aussie Group Flights Team had a nice mentioning of our flight to Alaska last week in the SimFlightPro channel on youtube. Very kind words in regards to the nicely planned flight. Full credit to our planning team here.

I personally enjoy this group. Hearing all of you pilots talk about your experiences in real life flying and then being modest enough to provide advise to us average dreaming humans. Thank you for that. Danny (Danny_N1nja)

1 Like

@CinnamonInk8010, this looks like a blast, but I’m confused. Is it at 6AM or 6PM Eastern?

6 AM for the US eastern time.

1 Like

@WobbliestAce53, yeah, after rereading it, that’s what I was afraid it was. However, sometimes I’m actually up and moving that early (well, I don’t “move”, as I’m disabled and basically confined to a hospital bed), so I might actually still be able to join. I’ll put it on my calendar and just see if I’m up.

1 Like

I’ve been flying with this group most Friday mornings. During the winter, it’s 4 AM! I’m retired and get up really early ordinarily.

2 Likes

Event Reminder…

I remembered last night that John Travolta lives around that area. In Ocala, North West of Orlando or South West of Jacksonville. The closed community has the largest private asphalt airport in the world (I believe), Jumbolair (17FL). If I would have remember this earlier I would have suggested it as it would be a nice PoI on our route.

Catch you all later on. I hope I have speak permissions on the Discord server today.

Danny (Danny_N1NJA)

Real JT’s house.

House on MSFS

1 Like

Hello Flusians
Finally a jet flight. Thank you for the organization. I always enjoy being there.
greetings
Quax 55

A fun night flight. Definitely a learning experience!!

Thanks to Paul for organising.

1 Like