Aussie Group Flights Team - Rocky Mountains of Colorado USA Tour

Everyone welcome. Just pick an aircraft that is suitable, i.e., no big jets. It destroys the immersion for everyone. As you said, the Baron is a good choice. I flew it today in the Cirrus also. Faster than the Cessna 172 or 152 and quite capable in the terrain. As discussed in the notes, select Clear Weather to aid visibility and also remove possible weather and icing etc.

ADDENDUM TO FLIGHT IMFORMATION

ATTENTION Aussie Flight Group Participants …

Group Flight: Group Flight: October 2, 2020 8:00 PM

Departure: Front Range KFTG/ (Colorado Air and Space Port KCFO) GA Ramp.
Arrival: Eagle County Regional (KEGE)

There are two parking areas at KFTG/KCFO. To help with the traffic flow please taxi to the following runways (which are perpendicular and the same dimensions) but you can taxi to which ever runway you like:

• Parking spots 1-23 (south side of RWY 08/26) please use Runway 26 with a left-hand departure south of Denver International Airport to course.
  • Parking spots 25-54 (east side of RWY 35/17) please use Runway 17 with a right-hand departure south of Denver International Airport to course.
  • There is no parking spot 24.

All experience levels are welcome to join this scenic adventure. If you are new to flight sim or flying, I have used the DA-40NG for this flight and it meets all the requirements for this part of the mountain flying series.

Looking forward to hosting this series and hope you enjoy the flight and commentary of this beautiful state. Anyone with mountain flying experience please share your thoughts and expertise with the group.

1 Like

Arrrgh! I am so annoyed. Came from work in time to join the flight just to have MSFS wanting to do a 7.3GB update. First time able to join a group flight and now this.

Gee most of us must have just missed it. Just checked and no update for me.

Thanks guys! A little bit of different scenery today!

2 Likes

I flew on my own. I took off as you were landing. Thank you for organising it

Just one question please. My flight was at about 5 AM, local US time. so it was a night flight. Did you flight during the day and how did you change that?

If you’re not using live weather, you can change the time. We used clear skies and 8:00 AM for the takeoff time.

Thanks again for hosting, and also thanking Randy for the tour. Definitely a good way to start my day. Looking forward to the next one.

1 Like

Have a read of the directions at the start of the thread. It describes the process of setting up for the flight and setting the time etc.

Got it. I needed to scroll to the right of the box to see it. I rushed through the instructions trying to catch up after the 7.3GB update.

1 Like

Thanks to all participants in today’s flight, here are some screen shots.

1 Like

Thanks for participating today. Couple of quick questions: How did you get all the snow to show-up? What are your graphics setting? Compare your shots to the ones I posted and you can see not as much snow.

1 Like

I chose scattered clouds as my weather theme and increased the snow depth slider. :sunglasses:

Which is why I was asking about snow haha

1 Like

G’day Paul, I could be ready for October 16th for Part 2 of the mountain flying/Colorado tour. Quick question; do you prefer to keep the flights to about 1 hour? I have a choice of two flight plans: 1) 164 miles/60 min flight time in DA 62, with two stops would be about 90 min and 2) 77 miles with one touch and go and one full stop would be 1 hour. I could offer an optional Part 4 which will last about 1-2 hours in the future as we fly east out of the mountains and north back to Denver if that would work.

Hi Randy, If the event is a little longer, you can suggest an appropriate aircraft to fit the flight. One hour is possible on the short side. You can go one and a half to two hours but beyond that would be a problem. I usually add a tough and go or full stop landing along the way to add some interest and challenge. This can increase the time, so consider this with longer flights so it doesn’t run too long.

Thanks Paul.