Australian Outback Trip | Cirrus SR22

Hello Captains and First officers!

Recently I planned a trip to fly through the Australian outback in a Cirrus SR22 - registered as VH-EYZ. I have multiple different legs/days for flying, as I will list down below, then show off some images!

Leg 1: Melbourne (Moorabbin - YMMB) to Broken Hill (YBHI)
Leg 1 completed. Flight time was 2 hours 21 minutes. Went from 100% fuel to 51%. - 24th September 2021

Pictures from Leg 1

Departing from Melbourne
Cruising at FL120
Descending into Broken Hill
Landing and gate at Broken Hill

Leg 2: Broken Hill (YBHI) to Alice Springs (YBAS)
Leg 2 completed. Flight time was 4 hours 23 minutes. Went from 100% fuel to 25%. - 25th September 2021

Pictures from Leg 2

Departing Broken Hill

Cruising at FL120

Descending into Alice Springs

Landing at Alice Springs

Leg 3: Alice Springs (YBAS) to Darwin (YPDN)
Leg 3 completed. Flight time was 4 hours 8 minutes. Went from 100% fuel to 18%. - 25th September 2021

Pictures from Leg 3

Departing Alice Springs

Cruising at FL110

Descending into Darwin

Landing at Darwin

Leg 4: Darwin (YPDN) to Tennant Creek (YTNK)
Leg 4 completed. Flight time was 3 hours 50 minutes. Went from 100% fuel to 41%. - 26th September 2021

Pictures from Leg 4

Departing Darwin

Cruising at FL120

Descending into Tennant Creek

Landing at Tennant Creek

Leg 5: Tennant Creek (YTNK) to Longreach (YLRE)
Leg 5 completed. Flight time was 3 hours 36 minutes. Went from 100% fuel to 27%. - 27th September 2021.

Pictures from Leg 5

Departing from Tennant Creek

Cruising at FL110

Descending into Longreach

Landing at Longreach

Leg 6: Longreach (YLRE) to Sunshine Coast/Maroochydore (YBSU)
Leg 6 completed. Flight time was 3 hours 8 minutes. Went from 100% fuel to 37%. - 27th September 2021.

Pictures from Leg 6

Departing Longreach

Cruising at FL100

Descending into Sunshine Coast

Landing at Sunshine Coast

Leg 7: Sunshine Coast/Maroochydore (YBSU) to Melbourne (Moorabbin - YMMB)
Leg 7 completed. Flight time was 6 hours 8 minutes. Went from 100% fuel to 12%. - 28th September 2021

Pictures from Leg 7

Departing Sunshine Coast

Cruising at FL100

Descending into Melbourne (Moorabbin)

Landing at Melbourne (Moorabbin)

Honestly, I take a lot of inspiration from Stefan Drury. He is a SR22 pilot in real life, based in Moorabbin (Melbourne). He owns a Cirrus SR22 G3 registered as VH-EYZ. Stef, if you’re reading this (which I doubt you are haha) I just wanted to thank you for your videos, they truly inspire and enlighten a lot of your audience, myself included.

Thanks everyone!
Jack

4 Likes

Nice job! I like watching Stef’s vids as well.

There’s some really nice places to fly up in the top end, I think the Kimberly region is just amazing… especially the area where the movie “Australia” was filmed. Flying low over the scrub and coming out over Lake Argyle is one of my most favourite things to do in the sim.

1 Like

After this trip I plan to fly direct to Uluru. I may add the kimberly to my list! Stef is an amazing YouTuber, I love his formation flight videos where EYZ flies with her sister KJN.