Australian Xbox Pilots

G’day guys, was hoping there’s some Australians out here on Xbox that might like to add me. Fingers crossed that I’m not the only one wondering where we’re all at. Even people in or outside timezones are ok, anyone welcome really.

Hi,
I am in Australia and on Xbox. Sadly a Series S until I can get a Series X at retail price. I can’t guarantee any particular time I will be on but on most evenings for a while.
Add: Meatboy45

Cheers

1 Like

Sweet as, will add. I’ve got the Xbox app so will be contactable and fairly prompt with any messages.

Is it not possible for xbox PC players to play together?

1 Like

I think it’s possible but difficult as there’s no friends list system that’s shared on platforms as far as my knowledge, unless there’s a way through gamepass and Microsoft instead of steam for example. When online stuff worked better for me, I suspect most people I saw around me were on PC as many were flying stuff we didn’t have yet on Xbox.

I tried to add you through the game, but failed. Can you just confirm you Xbox username for me? Then I’ll try once more.

RandyFlagg#9653 is another way I might show, just with the hashtag. I definitely haven’t gotten a friend request.

I generally do daily flights primarily from Parafield or RAAF Edinburgh if flying Military Aircraft, and was wondering if there are any South Australian pilots on here on Xbox?

I really don’t know why the forum bumps 16 month old threads, but it seems like a good topic.

I’m on xbox x in SA. I hardly ever see anyone around, I tend to fly very late in local time and I like live weather and daylight so that mostly puts me in Europe or NA when they are in bed or at work.

I’m mostly very happy flying by myself although interested to give group flying a go. Scheduling is the main problem for me with work and kids.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t see this, I haven’t flown much, only recently gotten back into it.

Weird how you say that you don’t see many, the last few times I was down your way, I was surprised to see quite a few actually.

I usually stick to the automatic server which always puts me on the East US one. As the US goes into summer, I’ll probably migrate over to the East coast as the sun rises earlier. I don’t mind flying a little late. Throw me your ID and we’ll see what happens one day.

I fly in Adelaide and surrounds on an almost daily basis. I use live weather too, mostly. I like flying during the day unless I am doing long haul type stuff, so if I jump on at night I set the time for 12 hours difference so I know what time it is, if that makes sense. I operate out of Parafield and do flights to KI and Clare Valley, but also hop throughout the Riverland.

1 Like

I’ve been considering on doing the entire Murray River, not sure from which end yet, I reckon those kinda flights are great. You just ping pong around, following the contours and it keeps you engaged. Someday I’d like to eventually do the Amazon, Mississippi plus maybe a few others. I’ve basically done the Nile down to Lake Nasser and that was alright. Just throwing some ideas out. I’m surprised I haven’t seen group flights like this…unless I’m mistaken.

There are a lot of small airfieldss along the Murray, most are of reasonable size. I have downloaded the Parafield Airport and Aldinga add on and highly recommend them. There are also a number of small airfields on islands just off KI on the way to Port Lincoln that are great fun to fly in and out of.

The Murray would be a good trip. I think you want to finish at the most scenic end as an incentive and reward. Problem is both ends of the Murray are very scenic from the air!

If I fly it then I’ll go downhill, like the water does. I really love the Coorong, it’s stunning from the air and a real treat when you finish the journey.

Maybe one to do in winter, see some snow as you start off.

If you want to go save time, grab Aldinga from the marketplace and fly south east for 15 mins and you’ll get there.

This is what it looks like in real life, it’s nearly as good in the sim…

1 Like