Auto pilot not working

auto pilot dropps control - makes plane crash by over stress

plane is unacceptable this way. scenry is nice but not if the plane sucks…

new computer for msfs2020 and I end up wishing for fsx again… pls, fix your planes this is why we are willing to invest…

This is a quite common occurrance.

These are the first steps to take.
With the sim running, if you are on the start up screen, from the top heading, select “Options”, or if you are already in the sim, press “ESC” on the keyboard.

• Under “General”
    Set “Flight Model” to “Modern”, not “Legacy”.
  • Under “Assists”
    Set all “Piloting” assists to “Off”
  • When you are in the sim, from the “winged” sim icon, Open AI Control (icon to the right of the yoke icon), and ensure that “Control Aircraft” is “Off” (button placed to the left).

Next, and quite important, is to add deadzones to each axis for all your controllers. Approximately 5% should be enough, but there have been instances where significantly more was needed.

Do not assume, even if you know how you had these already set, ensure these are this way now.
The last few updates did change some user settings.

FYI, the moderators are a bit strict on posting in the Bugs & Issues section, as per the site rules, so you should search all the other sections of the forum that may pertain to your issue before you post here.
This section of the forum is for proven bugs that you can’t find a solution elsewhere on the forum.

So, having said that, give the above a try, if this solves it, please mark this thread as solved.
If it doesn’t just let us know.

1 Like

Thanks i followed you instruction and my problems had been fixed.

1 Like

Wanna mark this as a solution so thread can close? Great job

Today i did follow the instruction and it worked, thanks a lot.

1 Like

Glad it worked.
Good flights to you!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.