Autogen airports too dark

You’d probably have better luck using an addon such as Airports Lights » Microsoft Flight Simulator rather than wait for Asobo to add lights to all airports (when they can’t even get right the runway lights or cloud heights, ref. relevant bugs).

Also not all airports have lights at night anyway. I’m using Little Navmap which shows whether I should expect any night lights at all or not.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply and for the suggestions.

It is so frustrating that you see absolutely nothing during nighttime, even at the apron.
The images below show the EDDB default scenery vs. Aerosoft scenery. I don’t think it is that hard for Asobo to produce a similar lighting for bigger default airports…

I mean how am I supposed to taxi on the apron where no green taxiway center lights are?!

4 Likes

I love to fly at night. It is easier for me but airports are too dark. I was flying from KMIA to KTPA and I think I am in the middle of the forest. No lights at all. You land and it is pitch dark cannot see anything.

1 Like

This should have an Xbox tag on it as we here have this problem to. I’m sure it wasn’t always this dark. It’s not right to have to get 3rd party airports to get decent lighting. I do also think the landing/taxi lighting systems could also go a range and intensity boost on top of that.

More than a year later and we still do not have a simple fix for this. If Asobo can auto gen jetways at each gate, how much more harder does it take to add floodlights to each gate?

4 Likes

I really don’t like flying at night so much now because of this simple issue. Even flying in a low lit room at night in real time doesn’t offer much help.

This is another one of those seemingly-easy things that MSobo should really just detail one or two people to fix, permanently and easily, for all auto-gen airports. Just station some auto-gen lightpoles around aprons and terminals for every airport above a certain size in the sim.

Until they do, however, at least PC users have this (and it works great):

1 Like

Hope they fixed it by they self.
Its very annoying

1 Like

I can’t see anything in any airport at night and the taxi lights is a joke. IMHO it’s a very serious issue because it makes the night flights almost impracticable.

2 Likes

Well, you’re not wrong… That’s why I also install the mod from the post above. Makes night airports feel a bit more bearable. I also check on this website to see if the airport I want to fly out or into is also has improvement releases.

2 Likes

I’ll try it, thanks. It’s a shame Asobo won’t mind on correct the AC taxi light, in real life they’re very bright, in game they looks like a 1952 VW Beetle headlight.

1 Like

February 2022 and there’s still no floodlighting airside at KLAS…

Is there a thread to upvote this issue? Seems to be an issue affecting international airports worldwide.

1 Like

It affects “All airports” worldwide that are AI Autogen airports.

2 Likes

Still no fix or feedback from Asobo

2 Likes

With SU8, the taxiway centerline lights don’t work anymore, so it’s even more difficult to taxi in the dark at those airports.

Is there any word on if this darkness issue at default airports will be resolved? How did this even make it into production?? Terrible.

1 Like

After 8 sim updates and world updates alike, you’d think they would have address this by now…

Disappointing!!

3 Likes

Apparently generic airports don’t feature any illumination on aprons. While I could understand airfields not having this, it is totally unrealistic at capital airports.
Many taxiways aren’t illuminated, the apron itself is totally dark. You can barely navigate by keeping landing lights on.
Also AI aircraft are totally dark, not switching on any lights.

2 Likes

In the meantime, you can check out this mod,

Take a look at the changelog and see if it has airports you frequent.