Autopilot and flight model reworks for Boeing 747-8i

Here is download link (Google Drive & Flightsim.to) -

KAiRi’s Boeing 747-8i Flight Characteristics and Autopilot Reworks (V0.72)

Flightsim.to Download Link (V0.72)

Important 1 : Use with MODERN FLIGHT MODEL for AUTOPILOT reworks.
My autopilot rework is suitalbe for moden flight model setting.
But, also I tweaked flight characteristics for manual flight. (for both modern / legacy flight models)

Important 2 : Do not use with another 747 mods same time, it could be cause unstable or strange behavior.
My mod NOT support another 747 mod compatibility in present version. (because my mod is under develop progress now)

• Update/Changes in V0.72 (Nov 25, 2020)
    a.(Improvement) Autopilot - Altitude control improved
    b. (Improvement) Autopilot - VS mode accuracy improved
    c. (Fix) Autopilot - Pitch Oscillation Behavior after update #7 Fixed (1.11.6.0)-
    d. (Adjustment) Autopilot - Parameters of Longitudinal Attitude adjusted for update #7 (1.11.6.0)-
    e. (Adjustment) New Fuel Consumption Parameters adjusted for testing
    f. (Adjustment) Some flight characteristics adjusted.

• Update V0.70 Update (Nov 15, 2020)
    a. ILS auto approach and auto landing performance improved.
    b. Fligh route tracking performance improved.
    c. Flight route rendezvous performance improved.
    d. Some flight characteristics adjusted.

I think I’m almost achieve for my initial objectves. However, I have leave much to be desired but present game version didn’t allow more better improvements. I had enough tried more better control models, but I saw the undesirable outputs and behaviors because of game designs. I think there are something triggers or scripted something is hard coded in game autopilot algorithm. This limitation rejects more better control models. Also, it can be shows some speed and altitude error ranges for your command inputs, not a completely and quickly match like a edge of razor blade because it is control models (a.k.a feedback control kind). However, I will figure out more better solutions as I can but in this stage, I think this is best I can do and output. (plus…I think I need to sleep and eat something because I stay up all night for this reworks. I feel dizzy and headache now…:crying_cat_face:)

If you think this is acceptable and not causes big troubles, I will try to start reworks for other aircraft (I think 787 is next my target) autopilot model.

Here is my test footages above V0.70 models.

10 Likes

I have tried this mod, and so did other players in a group I mostly play with.

With that being said here, should you have any concerns about any sorta issues, please you do not need to worry about it at all. Because number of players have proven that this mod works just as the way it intended flawlessly.

The improvements by applying this mod overall, I can’t just describe it by a single word “impressive” because it’s way beyond this level.

This is purely amazing piece of work.

I highly recommend everyone to get this mod and enjoy a whole new experience in 748, you would never regret but completely satisfy.

A big appreciation to Kairi, who is the developer of this fantastic mod!!

5 Likes

Do you mind describing some of the mods you made please?

This is an excellent mod, manual flying is generally a lot more stable and the feeling of controlling a flying boat is almost gone. Landing is much better, more control authority right up to touch down and it doesn’t try to lean /pivot hard from the the MLG and pod-strike during rollout. With 0.65 I found AP vertical profile was rollercoaster with over corrections while trying to maintain the VERT SPEED mode, but it stabilized after a while and fine after that. I am looking forward to trying 0.67 very soon.

2 Likes

You means what I made before? or further plans?

Hi YuriKAiRi,

The improvements you already have made.

1 Like

This Boeing 747-8i improvements mod is first of my works in my life. :slight_smile:

You can check the change logs about this 748 improvements in readme files.

Couple of days before, I and my testers (a.k.a friends) started to prepare improvement Boeing 787-X and Cessna Longitude and TBM 930 as I can. This is all I got.

3 Likes

안녕하세요 카이리님 저 알파테스터가 748모드에서 어떤게 수정되었는지 궁금한것 같기도 합니다 ㅎㅎ

1 Like

Thanks for update but unfortunately in the latest version 0.67 there must be something slightly miscoded as it excludes the 747 from the landing challenges.
Take your file out and they reappear. Look forward to the amendment and thanks for your hard work.

1 Like

Thanks for your efforts!
Is there a github repository for this mod?

1 Like

Thank for your feedback and your mentioned 747 landing challenge disable issue is my intentional coded result, because of landing challenge compares scores between players. Also, my reworks provide different flight characteristics and stability. (maybe it is slightly easier than default 747) I think this competition is unfair and can causes controversy about cheating or something.

Of course, I understand your inconvenience…
If I can, I will find out solutions. (can select default 747 and my works 747 without mod delete)

Thank you for your comment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t have a github account yet.
I’m not well informed enough about github. This is why I don’t have account.
At least last week, I could not expect myself doing some aircraft mod like this. :thinking:

1 Like

That is a very honourable thing you have done! Technically the game should dissallow you to use modded planes on challenges, as I think that will be very unfair. However that was very good of you to disable the challenges from you mod.

I have not yet tried your mod, but I hope to do so soon!

Thank you for what appears to be a very well recieved effort, well done!

2 Likes
  • Update V0.70 (Nov 15, 2020)
    a. ILS auto approach and auto landing performance improved.
    b. Fligh route tracking performance improved.
    c. Flight route rendezvous performance improved.
    d. Some flight characteristics adjusted.

Check the first thread for download link.

1 Like

I am testing it just now, thank you for the contribution to the community. do you have your work on the 787X published already?

Hi, thanks for your great work.

I am testing it and found that I could not deactivate VNAV from the MCP, this caused that I couldn’t select the altitude manually, it returned always to the FL specified in the flight plan.

Clicking on the VNAV button of the MCP does not turn it off, it remains green.

I disengaged the autopilot and suddenly after a few minutes the VNAV button turned off.

I couldn’t even complete one flight.

MCP turn on/off logic issue is caused by new sim update patch. In 1.12.13.0 update, Asobo was changed their MCP logic code. I think this is the reason, but I believe they will fix. If they not, I’ll revert or fix MCP logic code.

Temporal solution : Before this fix, you can use FLCH button to turn off VLAV, and Heading Hold button to turn off LNAV. And then, press SPD or Altitude Hold or Selected Headings. Or…use speed and altitude intervention function.

and…787X autopilot model rework was temporary stopped because I think their default model works fine now.

Thanks for the prompt reply and for the workaround!

The default 78X has an issue with flaps 25 and 30, flap drag is way too high, so the plane requires too much throttle to keep flying.

got this mod works great! :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.