Boeing 747-8i Autopilot Reworks MOD V0.65 RC3

Here is download link (Google Drive & Flightsim.to) -

KAiRi’s Boeing 747-8i Flight Characteristics and Autopilot Reworks (V0.72)

Flightsim.to Download Link (V0.72)

Important 1 : Use with MODERN FLIGHT MODEL for AUTOPILOT reworks.
My autopilot rework is suitalbe for moden flight model setting.
But, also I tweaked flight characteristics for manual flight. (for both modern / legacy flight models)

Important 2 : Do not use with another 747 mods same time, it could be cause unstable or strange behavior.
My mod NOT support another 747 mod compatibility in present version. (because my mod is under develop progress now)

• Update/Changes in V0.72 (Nov 25, 2020)
    a.(Improvement) Autopilot - Altitude control improved
    b. (Improvement) Autopilot - VS mode accuracy improved
    c. (Fix) Autopilot - Pitch Oscillation Behavior after update #7 Fixed (1.11.6.0)-
    d. (Adjustment) Autopilot - Parameters of Longitudinal Attitude adjusted for update #7 (1.11.6.0)-
    e. (Adjustment) New Fuel Consumption Parameters adjusted for testing
    f. (Adjustment) Some flight characteristics adjusted.

※ Please use this mod with MODERN FLIGHT MODEL. ※

(You can check your flight model setting in Options - Generals - Flight Models)

• V0.70 is out now. (Nov 15, 2020)
    a. ILS auto approach and auto landing performance improved.
    b. Fligh route tracking performance improved.
    c. Flight route rendezvous performance improved.
    d. Some flight characteristics adjusted.
  • You can check the below replies or new thread. :slight_smile:
    Autopilot and flight model reworks for Boeing 747-8i

Autopilot issue…it is really annoying and still remained MAJOR issue, but they still can’t fix this properly.

Therefore, I had started working and overhaul Boeing 747-8i’s autopilot control function models and flight characteristics…plus ground taxing and landing/taxing light improvements.

It is a initial release version (V0.65 Release Candidate 3) for verification and test. Not a final version. It is not a final version and perfect autopilot, but I think this pretty works pretty well. So, I decide to release this test version because it achieve my initial desired performance.

Above video contains my autopilot reworks mod’s route following and tracking performance with LNAV, VNAV mode. (FL380 / 100knots wind disturbance condition / 5 nautical miles away port side )

Now, I can sleep…phew…

10 Likes

Can you merge your works with GitHub - saltysimulations/salty-747: An open-source modification for the default MSFS 747-8, aiming to improve the lacking features and realism of the default aircraft.?

1 Like

Great job! It is beyond me how a modder can fix the oscilation issue but Asobo can’t

3 Likes

I’m not guarantee what I can do it or not. But I will try that or something others…maybe…

For now, I need to take a rest and sleep because I’m really hardly analysis this autopilot control function model and design new models. (*models : I’m already discard 3 different models and redesigned because it does not fulfill my design objective…heh heh…)

So…first of all…I need some food and sleep. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great ! I’ll give it a try afterwork :+1::+1:

Good night to you !:grin:

1 Like

Great Job Man so far, mutch better than before - Thank you for sharing !! :sunglasses:

Doeing a flight right now and so far she flies fine :ok_hand:t2:
Oh yes and have a good sleep…

regards :wink:

1 Like

Updates :wink:

Now I’m testing more improved Autopilot model and flight characteristics model.

Internal version is 0.67.

You can check the its flight stability and autopilot accuracy. (even heavy crosswind condition, my improved model can stabilize attitude and tracking flight route)

3 Likes

Love the US-Navy Reg

1 Like

I missed F-14s…Last time baby… :crying_cat_face:

Newer improved V0.67 version released now.

Check the below link

My problem with the 747 currently is that the profile is ridiculous, what you can see in these pictures is the plane cruising, if I pitch down even a bit it will start loosing altitude.

Um…by judging your stabilizer trim and aircraft attitude, I think you overwrite or use my mod with salty 747 mod, right? My mod NOT support another 747 mod compatibility in present version. (because my mod is under develop progress now)

that is not a normal. I and my testers and people who help public test always recover it soon. Of course, V0.65 had an issues about 1,000 feet slowly climb and descent normal flight path. But It solved in V0.66 and now I release V0.67. Download link is below
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/autopilot-and-flight-model-reworks-for-boeing-747-8i

Also, compatibility for other 747 mod is not tested and not officially supported now.

Hi ,

Downloaded your 0.67 Version and it is real god, better than the 0.65 Version, so great work and works fine for me.
I am not using Salty.
I have two Qestions:
After the Plane reaches a Altitude she allways jumps hard a little while up an down, and i know it is a heavy Plane but shure not doeing this this hard she does, i flown in real life in a 747-400 long time ago and let me say you feel nothing like this in this Plane,
all is realy soft and stable.
So can you do something for that hard up and down leveling because this is for shure not normal.
The other thing is Glidepath:
She captures the path fine but at the last 800 feet before runway
she looses softly the loc always to the right side and so you not coming to center runway.
I think this wasent in the orginal Version as i know, the loc was mostly centered on Glide until Ground.
So i am not shure if this acts to your changes…

cheers :wink:

1 Like

I had the salty mod before but I uninstalled it befor installing yours.
This issue happens even without mods I have no idea what is causing it hahaha but your mod is great, at least if I cruise under FL300 everything works fine now

Thanks for your comment :slight_smile:

Here is my answer.

1. Little bit hard pitch reacting after reaching target altitude
    : At the time of writing this comment, I am still flight testing but I and my testers never experienced that hardly overshoot behavior after V0.65.
    Before release this V0.65~0.67, 3 more better control model was discarded and it made me depressing and heartbreaking. :sob: Because, Asobo’s autopilot algorithm not allow aforementioned control models. It shows undesirable behaviors. (I’m still don’t understand why their nonsense algorithm.)
    However, I have enough considered to this nonsense algorithm for design my control function models in v0.67.
    If you use REX weather or something…could you check the gust or frequency about wind direction changing? Maybe hard busted random gust conditions (mostly caused from Asobo’s bug) affect that issues I guess. But, I’ll try to further investigate that behavior.

2. ILS auto landing relate issue
    : This is really complicate issue, that accuracy is case by case issue. In my and my testers test condition and airports, ILS auto approach and landing successfully guided into the center of the runway but some other airports never success. It is same as default planes. I think this is a game-core design related issue.
    My previous discarded control model perfectly following the flight route but always failed in ILS autolanding test. Because it perfectly guide airplane into localizer location. It is really hard to fix 100% by using control models because control model just following straight following reference data which you can see on the HSI.

I saw your screenshot and almost same flight condition, my stabilizer trim is near 9.0 to 9.5 degree but yours are fully deflected.

I think you use LEGACY flight model…right? Would you check this? You can check this in OPTIONS - GENERALS - FLIGHT MODELS. If you use LEGACY, change to MODERN. :vulcan_salute:

I will check that, at least now I know it is an issue with the stabilizer trim, thanks a lot, I will get back to you once I have to check on it!

Much better, thanks a lot man.
What I did was switch from modern to legacy and back to modern.
Then I manually randomlly moved the trim a few times.
The issue I have now is I cannot fly higher than 37.700 feet, but at least now the plane flies xD

1 Like

Hi again :upside_down_face:

I am not using REX just to point that out.
I removed your fix just for test the orginal Asobo 747-8.
I took the same Runway as before flight and followed the Glide
down all center to the runway.
So at this Runway it worked fine ( and i know this thing with different runways ) but here orginal worked well but with your Mod it didn`t so i resume has something to do with that…
Can you look in it maybe for a fix ?
I am not using Autoland, i shot off the AP at 200-100 feet before runway but it is important ( at last for me ) to get the Glide come centered until this point to get a good centering landing.

cheers :wink:

1 Like

I’m still investigate this issue. Please give me a airport numbers what you have an issues.
This autopilot ILS approach issue is really really really complicate. Actually, I was designed first version autopilot model within 6 hours. HOWEVER, when it accuracy is increased, autopilot ILS approach accuracy (final touchdown point) is always shown inverse proportion results. I think this is game core design related issue.
I tried really really many parameters to satisfy EVERY autopilot performances. As I said, I was solved navigation accuracy and etcs are within 6 hours but this makes me few days(5~6 days) all night worked. So, I was had to decide select and concentration because I had started suffering my health issue like a nosebleed and dizzy. :face_vomiting: I and my testers has decide to select navigation accuracy. At least, I and my testers experienced this approaching point is close enough range to center of the runway (V0.67 test results, As I said please give me a airport numbers what you have an issues.).
At this stage…if you want a good autoland performance (I and my testers think it is autoland using autopilot to align touchdown point, even disabled AP before 2~100feets), you give up the navigation performance. Of course, you will experience the swaying and jinking behavior for flight routes. Or…you can use your control stick to calibrate autoland approach alignment while you use autopilot.

Honestly, I really want to make a perfect autopilot control model, but I have only one pair of hands. (because this is not a my primary job for living…:crying_cat_face:)