Boeing 747-8i Autopilot Reworks MOD V0.65 RC3

All OK, you did a great job, some things only gets done by recode the AP an thats Asobo Job
so Thanks for your hard work - dont forget it is only a Hobby…

cheers :wink:

1 Like

If Asobo adding or divide localizer following model and navigation guide model, I can solve this issue within a hour. But… :crying_cat_face:

For the improvement after, would you mind give me an informations about airport code what you have an issues? (I and my testers major reference is RKPK and RKSS plus etcs)

Maybe u can try to join Hangar 9 and work together.
Would be great imo

1 Like

Hi YuriKAiRi,

I did a test on Airport RKPK at RW 36L
one with Asobo Orginal and one with your mod.
Both with the same 747-8 Plane.

Here are the pics at around 300 feet up the runway.

This is with your mod watch, the magenta loc pointer:

https://abload.de/img/msfs10.11.2020kairimogwk16.jpg

this is with Asobo orginal

https://abload.de/img/msfs10.11.2020asoboorenjvf.jpg

This happens all the time on all Landings with the mod…

I and my tester had discussed about this issue many times, and I decide to change my autolanding objective is guided on the runway level, not a everything perfect center touchdown. Because of this decision was related with game core design and my health issue. (plus, it is just my hobby, not a real-life job)

Of course I can give you a exact same performance and accuracy as default but this causes aircraft swaying and poor route tracking performance (overshoot and zigzag flight). But I think this is not a solution and meaningless solution.

As I mentioned above, It is really complicated issue because it uses control model about navigation (what relate with route following and tracking, route rendezvous).

I think my mod give you a pain and stress by its autolanding accuracy. If autolanding is important factors on you, I will recommend remove and delete my mod until Asobo fixed everythings. Honestly speaking, my objective priority is flight route accuracy is 95% and autolanding is under 5%. Of course I will further investigate but I can’t give you any promise.

1 Like

As i said, all good, hopefully this gets fixed very fast from Asoboteam.
Keep up your fine work…

Here is my test video. Weather is Live Weather setting, and various flight weights for near FL430 condition.

Of course, it can’t maintains FL430 with Maximum Take Off Weight (because it is too heavy), but I was confirmed 747-8 with my rework mod can climb and maintain FL430 when it below 900,000lbs flight weights. (Asobo’s default 747-8 can’t maintain FL430 even it has 850,000 lbs flight weights.)

That is exactly my issue, you can technically maintain over FL410 if you have a low amount of fuel on board, but the possition (profile) of the plane is just too high, the nose is waaaay up.
This is Asobo’s fault though, your mod works perfectly.

1 Like

Normaly the 747 makes a step climb as she is allmost full loaded
or somewhat, you normaly never get with a 747 to 43000 feet
as she is full loaded thats not the plan from flying this plane.

There are restrictions for the 747 - look at Google you shure find something about that.

It is normal behavior, because higher Angle of Attack can generate more lift before its stall angle. :slight_smile:

Oh I see! The ATC sent me to FL410 so I thought that was normal lol what is the normal cruise level when loaded at 75%?

1 Like

Should be around 32000 to 36000 feet but not realy shure, i have no diagramm.
On some thread here i saw sutch a sheet but don´t know where it was found again…
As me, i am not going higher than 39000 feet at all my 747 flights
but i think this is defently to high for 75% Fuel at normal conditions but you can try…
There you should use a step climb.

I don’t have enough 747-8 references but I have some 747-400 related references. (flight manual and technical reports and etcs…)
By following FAA’s commercial 747-400 research report, cruise altitude has shown as below.
460,000lbs to 600,000lbs : FL300 to FL400
600,000lbs to 800,000lbs : FL280 to FL380
Above 800,000lbs : FL260 to FL320

Of course it is not same as service ceiling performance. It related with economical reason (fuel efficiency).

Plus, before you press the FLY button in world map…you can change your cruise altitude plan in NAV LOG menu (right upper side).

1 Like
  • V0.70 is out now.
    Autopilot and flight model reworks for Boeing 747-8i

• Update V0.70
    a. ILS auto approach and auto landing performance improved.
    b. Fligh route tracking performance improved.
    c. Flight route rendezvous performance improved.
    d. Some flight characteristics adjusted.

1 Like

Hi ,

Thanks for your improvements and Continue your work on your 747-8 flight characteristics, will test as i found some time…

I did a short test in Landing flying KSEA RW 16L , works pretty well,
LOC was centered all the way down so fine work from your side.

Will take a complete flight aswell to see how it feels and perform all around, but for shure looks good so far - Thanks for sharing :sunglasses:

• Update : V0.72 is out now (Nov 25, 2020)
    a.(Improvement) Autopilot - Altitude control improved
    b. (Improvement) Autopilot - VS mode accuracy improved
    c. (Fix) Autopilot - Pitch Oscillation Behavior after update #7 Fixed (1.11.6.0)
    d. (Adjustment) Autopilot - Parameters of Longitudinal Attitude adjusted for update #7 (1.11.6.0)
    e. (Adjustment) New Fuel Consumption Parameters adjusted for testing
    f. (Adjustment) Some flight characteristics adjusted.

Tested earlier today with the V0.72, but the plane does not behave and still rolls. The FMS, it is not possible to use it to enter details, eg Nav 1 for Localiser. Thus, not possible to do IFR etc.

1 Like

It might be disappointing, but my work is not related with FMC and Avionics system. You can check this in readme files or description in flightsim.to website page.
My rework is related to Autopilot control model and flight characteristics / flight dynamics, and ETCs…Also, I and other people still testing about V0.72 and it is pretty well working (there is no rolling and swaying behavior, even default 747 after update 7). Even at the this time, I’m testing with transpacific flight and pretty well working.
I think you need to check the installation and others. (I’m already writing about this in readme files and flight.to download page.)

1 Like

I flew the 747 today for the first time since the update. Every previous flight I had fairly good control using the AP, it engaged the LOC, flew the GS down but over the threshold suddenly added power and wouldn’t descend. I took over manually and banged it on the runway every time. Today my flight was KMCO to KATL, the AP flew the en route portion to the approach, engaged the LOC and began GS descent. That was when I discovered the keyboard up and down arrows no longer controlled the pilot seat height. By then I was at the middle marker and could not see the runway over the glare shield. I let the autopilot fly it to the runway, it flared and landed perfectly aligned with me blind to the process. I’m very impressed at this improvement to the AP.

1 Like