Autopilot Issue after latest April 22 update

Hello,

After the latest April 22nd update, after taking off and engaging the autopilot the plane is making a steep turn to the right and the plane is uncontrollable even if disengage the autopilot, forcing me to exit the flight.

I am using the saitek pro multi panel

I tried Airbus 320 as well C172, same problem.

Any suggestions or a fix?

I’ve had this too, but not consistently.

No problem with the A/P.
What do you do before turning the A/P on?

Same here but I can correct it but the AP is just not reliable. I’m pretty savvy when it comes to autopilot having used it for years MSFS 2004 and fsx. I was refused a refund so I’m just going to wait until AP gets fixed. Looks like I’ll be doing x-plane for now.

What do you do before turning the A/P on?

Set up a flight plan using the GUI interface. I confirm that it’s in the computer. Taxi to the runway. Take off and level out then I click AP and pretty much nothing happens at that point then I have to set ALT manually. Then I have to set HDG manually. Then I have to set SPD manually and SOMETIMES they respond.

Hello Seventh Brake 129,
Are you trying to perform a “IFR” flight plan?

You mentioned:
“Set up a flight plan using the GUI interface. I confirm that it’s in the computer. Taxi to the runway. Take off and level out then I click AP and pretty much nothing happens at that point.”

Looks like the A/P is ok.
You had not set up anything at that point.

No - the AP isn’t ok if the aircraft refuses to follow the pre-loaded waypoints when he presses the AP button (in “Managed Heading” mode.) That’s why he says that he has to set the AP heading manually.
I’m experiencing exactly the same thing actually - with IFR flight plans.

The other poster did not say what you just said (answering for him).
I wanted to know how he was set up prior to engaging the A/P.
Edit: Also, looking back at the first post C172 was also mentioned?

Do you normally establish On-Crs to the first waypoint before engaging the A/P (re: your screenshot)?

Finally someone with the same issue I am having. It happens to me the exact same thing; some flights are 100% uneventful, everything works, aircraft flies like a charm, but others are an absolute living hell. During takeoff or cruise the aircraft veers steeply to the right, so much so, that any recovery attempt ends up in crash. Out of my attempts, what I isolated as related to it are: IFR flight, AP, NAV, FLC, FLD on, strangely it seems airport related, happens insistently on some does not on others. Tried recalibrating my CH yoke, my pedals, no success. I fly the Cessna Longitude, both stock and MOD version suffer from the same behaviour.

That is good follow up information.
Which airports have you found causing A/P problems?

For me it always ends in disaster every time I make an IFR flight using the “World Map” screen.
When I get to the runway ready for takeoff, I already know that the AP won’t work when I see in the top-right of the Nav display the first waypoint, and below that a distance of several thousand nautical miles! So when the AP tries to follow that, of course it goes berserk.
In this screenshot the FMS thinks that the waypoint “D258B” is 3067.2nm away!
It happens with every manual IFR flight plan created using the FS2020 “World Map” screen (eg High-altitude airways")
It’s driving me nuts.
Question, is, can Asobo find the source if this bug and fix it?? I believe this corrupted waypoint distance with IFR flight plans created in “World Map” screen is the cause of the AP problems that so many people are having.

See screenshot, circled in red…

several thousand nautical miles off is a route that should not be used.
Sounds like there are 2 waypoints in the Navdata database with the same name and the first one in the database scan is the one that is picked and it is the wrong one.

Have you tried routes that do not have this thousands of miles problem?

All IFR routes made with “World Map” screen where you select “High altitude airways” and specifiy the runways have this “thousands of nautical miles” problem.
Always the same bug.
Can you pls try it yourself?
(and pls don’t use any third-party flight planning sofware)

I use LittleNAVmap and SimBrief.

Have you tried just finger poking the entire route into the FMS/CDU ?

I and many others are not using third party software.
I am using the “World Map” screen provided by Asobo precisely for that purpose.
Can we at least identify whether that is the source of the corruption??
Pleeease can you??

Give me your flight plan and I will have a look.

Ok:
…Dep: Gatwick; Arr: Dusseldorf;
…Select “IFR”; choose: “high altitude airways”;
…choose the standard Asobo A320neo
…and select any runways you like.
…Then press the yellow “FLY” button.
…When you get to the runway, as you begin your flight, please can you report whether the top-right of the Nav display has the thousands of nm bug?

Are you flying with Live Weather?
What is your cruise altitued?

Got a copy of your route.
I will have a look.