Autopilot vs ILS approach

Just trying to understand how this works

Autopilot directs you to the correct line of approach to the runway - once flight plan is set

My question is - I am starting out on a Cessna 152 and manually tune the radio to an ILS frequency of the landing airport

Will the Cessna 152 for this ILS approach be the same as Textron aviation Cessna 172 skyhawk for autopilot - in that the Cessna 152 once tuned to the correct frequency of the landing airport will automatically turn towards the landing airport in the right direction and orientation ?

Thanks

I don’t think the Cessna 152 even has an autopilot. In which case you have to fly the approach by hand. Make sure you have an approach chart handy.

If you use the JPLogistics Cessna 152 mod, with autopilot, then it should behave the same as any other autopilot. It will track the localiser using nav mode and fly down the glidepath using approach mode.

As mentioned above, the default / stock 152 does not have an autopilot and would not be capable of flying a 152.

If you are using a mod, then yes, ILS procedures don’t really change from system to system. You tune the localizer (or let it auto tune if equipped) fly the approach and intercept the localizer.

That’s once the LOC and GS have been captured, of course. Apologies if you already knew that.

What is LOC and GS ?

Localiser and Glide Slope

Moved to #community-support:aviate-navigate-communicate