Autopilot won’t stop at altitude

Ever since the last update, the autopilot will not stop at the set altitude. It seems to be in VS mode all the time.

1 Like

More details? Aircraft type? FMS model? Describe scenario in detail?

C208, Gtn750xi. Set altitude and it flys right past. Seems like it is in VS mode.

Moving this to #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities as this is not stock FMS.

The autopilot is stock. I have the same issue in all aircraft

Can you recreate the problem with other stock Asobo aircraft? Try the G1000 172 which is about as vanilla as it gets. If FLC is working there, then it should work on the Caravan.

Yes. It it does appear to be a third party issue.

Stock Basic MSFS 2020 - Autopilot in 747 and A320 Neo continues to try and kill me. I HAD been able to just set a departure, with NO FLIGHT PLAN at all, and then make settings in the system once airborne.

I just tried a few flights this morning in both aircraft, and the autopilot is better turned off - it does hold speed, but on the last 747 flight attempts, the auto thrust was shutting down after take off.

I’ll try some more, but the A320 Neo just does off the wall stuff, flying in a death dive spiral, going opposite of the indicated direction (on the AP) etc.

I’ll try a few more attempts.

This is not an all the time issue - I just took off from LAX, and after take off, I had a bobble, but it is now working as expected it should - for now.

A week or so ago, I took note of the suddenly flying in circles thing.

Here is a screen shot:

Note the blue dashed line of airspace - I thought (when I first saw this) that the AP was just grabbing lines on the chart and following them, but I don’t know for sure. While the AP “knows” where it is supposed to go as indicated by all of the instruments, this time it appears to be following that line.

That was the first error I noted a few weeks ago, but it is intermittent. Now the AP is just trying to kill me.

NEW FLIGHT OUT OF LAX - This was interesting. When I took off in the A320 Neo, the instant I took up the landing gear, the autopilot jumped to some course - when I had no course put into the system - I just set it up like a VFR flight. The Auto Throttle activated on rolling, but the second I hit to bring the gear up, the vertical line on the screen jumped far to the left.

Here is that screen shot:

The green vertical track line JUMPED all the way to the left.

When I manually selected HEADING - before activating AP1, it had the current heading (like normal). I then moved the heading indicator back and forth to 070, and then I hit AP1 - and it wanted to roll left, but the indicator vertical was in the right place (070). I shut that off and manually flew, then tried it again, but this time, I moved the heading to 080, then 085, and it followed it… now I have it on 070, and it is tracking correctly, speed and altitude are working so far.

I changed speed (manually setting it) from 250 to 320, the A320 Neo started to level off, but I “pulled” altitude to 35000, and it started to climb better. It is currently following heading properly.

At 35K, I will enter a direct to KRSW (Lee County Regional Southwest (in Florida)) and see what happens. Making a few heading changes leaving the LAX area, and it is (so far) following them. Whatever happened when I pulled up the landing gear was… a bit of a shocker.

As I am climbing up to 35K, I set the Mach to .82, things working so far.

At 35K, I entered the Direct to KRSW, and gave the heading back to the aircraft AP, and it is tracking correctly.

So… the main thing I noticed was the jump at the instant I brought up the gear.

I raised the gear using a button on my joystick, so I will try this again using the “G” key on the keyboard.