Autostart key press

I am making a button box and would like to be able to press a monetary-on button to start a single engine plane. I dont want to mimic the in the plane, just a single button like to you have in a newer automobile where instead of a key turning, you just push a button. I have seen in MOBIFLIGHT event ids “engine auto-start” and “engine auto-shutdown”. I also noticed a way for a keypress to be mapped to a button but I cant get anything to work.

BTW I know I can map a joystick button to do this but this would be more fun.

“I can’t get anything to work” is a vague error description.

a) do you use fsuipc with mobiflight? (this isn’t really mentioned in the docu/tutorials of mobiflight)
b) do you see the event fired in the fsuipc console?

I don’t use Mobiflight so I am unsure how it assigns buttons but you don’t have both autostart and auto shutdown mapped to the same button do you?

under fsuipc key assignments I selected “engine autostart” In mobiflight input configWizard input settings I put “action type” – key and “ctrl+E”

starter pic

Fred

I not sure how to see “whether the event fired”

fred

In fsuipc go the top menu and choose the dropdown “log”. Then “open console” .

Then in the top menu under log you should see “events”. Check that and then press your button. If you have assigned it correctly you should see "engine autostart " in the log console.

will do. Thanks for your help.

did not see engine autostart in log.
Changed mobiflight to event id still no show on logengine start1
see pic above.

I did see “engine auto start” when I mapped it to a joystick button but not when I tried to use a mobiflight button mapped as shown above.

I would clear all reference to it in mobiflight, then go into fsuipc7 (i assume you are using the correct version of fsuipc) and map your button in there.

thank you.