Aventum Simulations Hawaii Adventure Tours alters default Caravan in Hangar so it disappears

I wanted to let people know about an issue I discovered that caused me a lot of wasted time. I purchased a marketplace activity from Aventum Simulation called Hawaii Adventure Tours. It turns out that this activity alters the default Caravan so that it carries a Livery for Aventum Tours. However, it does so in a way that the default Caravan disappears from the Hangar and world map. That is, after installing this add in, you can no longer search for Caravan or 208 in your planes. What you’ll see is actually named Aventum. As I didn’t focus on the company name, I assumed this was some obscure plane, rather than the name of a marketplace activity. I spent countless hours working with support, troubleshooting, removing and adding Community folder addins, deleting and re-registering planes, and eventually reinstalling the entire sim. Uninstalling this activity is what finally got me back the Caravan.
I’ve written to Aventum Simulations but not heard back yet.

I hope this will help others who may encounter this issue.

I have notified them also, about a week ago now.
Otherwise, good fun and worth the $. Reminds me of previous versions of flight sim.
Just need the whales in Alenuihaha Channel :slight_smile:
All liveries are still avail, but it changes the default livery in aircraft selection.

.Related, but not from Aventum.
4Simmers CJ4 & Longitude Liveries will do them same thing. I have spoken with them and it’s known about.
They are currently reworking all of their products.

Hello all,

Currently on spring break and away from our development computers. Thanks for reporting this issue. I will look at it and provide an update once I get back to the office. Thanks for the purchase and support of our products.

Jeff @ Adventum Simulations

2 Likes

Hi Jeff - Any follow up on this?
Thanks!

Hello - still waiting for a reply on this fix.

Hello Hokfujow,

I was on Spring Break for the past 30 days. I will be addressing the Caravan issue next week and have a product update in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for your patience in advance.

2 Likes

Great to hear, thank you.

Hi Jeff - You had indicated you’d have an update by early May. I haven’t seen anything - did I miss it?

Sorry for the delay. I’ll upload this livery fix to third-party and MS Marketplace servers in the coming days. I have been busy training for another job the past couple of weeks to help support myself between product releases.

Been another 3 weeks - spring break, new job…can you give an ETA please?

Hello,

After further evaluation, the 208 update fix requires a complete product update as the aircraft title is tied to the missions. Contact me via PM at our discord channel and I can provide the folder update for the corrected titles. This will not allow you to fly the C208 tour missions further until a new full update is published. The next update is slated to be completed between now and September.

Cheers!

Hello - just wondering if you ever did that full update between June and September, since it’s now the end of November.