Aviatife.com - discussion thread

I have just started trying this out and WOW! It has great potential, but not many players have discovered it. I am coming from Skypark, which hasn’t had much development lately.

If anyone knows how to deadhead move a rented (not quick) plane, please let me know.

1 Like

I’ve been re-exploring these career addons, and I’m currently using Neofly V4. I forgot about Aviatife, even though I’ve been in the discord for probably a year. I just realized why I never got started with it. It requires crash detection to be on in the sim. That’s a deal breaker for me. Not long after MSFS released, I was nearing the end of a 4 hour flight, prior to top of decent. There was a quick gust of wind and MSFS said I crashed…I was cruising along on autopilot…it was minor turbulence if anything. I’ve refused to turn on crash detection ever since.

I fly for a VA, and also occasionally use Neofly 3, Neofly V4, and SkyPark. None of them require crash detection to be on in MSFS, but they all determine if you crash.

Aviatife is the closest to what I want, if it wasn’t for that one requirement. (I have zero interest in the online leaderboard and stuff tho)

1 Like

This career addon is simply AWESOME.
It’s like FSEconomy and OnAir blended together.
A bit sad to see it neglected by players. I spent last 15 months touring United States while doing jobs in FSEconomy and wish I used this addon instead.
Is it still in development? I hope it wasn’t abandoned due to lack of popularity. It has great potential

1 Like

Hi. Thank you! I’m pleased to inform you that today I’ve added a new difficulty setting (you can find them in the Company → Difficulty settings) that disables that validation step altogether. (But opt-out airline from leaderboards etc.) So, by enabling that option you don’t need to have crash detection enabled. :partying_face:

4 Likes

Well, I gave it a try. I was incredibly excited upon reading your comment above, and immediately went to fly with Aviatife.

The first flight couldn’t happen because my DA40NG is 135 KTAS, and Aviatife says it should be 136. Failed.

The second flight I tried is with the X Cub. I fully loaded in and didn’t touch anything. Everything passed the preflight, and I clicked to start tracking. It immediately says “Your flight has been cancelled due to changes in prohibited settings”. I haven’t changed anything, and it doesn’t tell me how to fix it.

I’ll have to try again later. This is taking too much time away from my limited flying time. I see a new Aviatife community forum has been set up, so I may show up in there sometime.

Attempt number 3, this time with the G1000 172. After accepting the quick job: “You cannot fly this flight. Cargo takes too much space and or weighs too much.” It’s a quick job…I have no control over what aircraft is used or how much cargo there is…if the cargo doesn’t fit, it shouldn’t be listed as a quick job.

Congrats and welcome back! A couple friends and I have been using Aviatife for a few months now, holding our breath that there is further development and support. You’ve got a very promising program that is more fun and useful than the competition. Skypark has become stagnant and the devs are on to other projects and never really liked the other ones.

Aviatife has revived MSFS on XBOX for me. Great work.

1 Like

A new BIG version of Aviatife has been released.

Staff

A new type of employee has been added - totally virtual. From now on, you need at least one co-pilot and flight attendant to fly aircraft from the medium (and bigger) category. If you have AirAI points (more on this below!) you can chat with them and negotiate contracts. This feature uses AI (GPT-4 model) and works pretty well! You can also hire them in a traditional form - by clicking a button. You can also chat with your passengers (in basic light and basic category aircraft) and co-pilots (in every aircraft category). In the future, I plan to implement some basic commands like setting autopilot variables during flight by a co-pilot. As for now, you cannot use co-pilots to fly your flights. (It was previously announced on the Discord server, but I decided to not implement it yet.)

SkyElite / AirAI points

SkyElite is a new feature that implements a premium account on Aviatife. It enables access to additional options and adds some cosmetic changes (gold nickname with icon! ;)). AIrAI points are used to chat with the staff mentioned above. 1 message costs 1 AirAI point. AI models are quite expensive. Those points have been implemented to cover these costs. Aviatife context is pretty big to make a believable experience, therefore the cost of one message (on the OpenAI side) is pretty high.

Custom jobs

You can now create a custom job that can be fulfilled by other airlines. You can transport cargo, passengers (without any perks like VIP etc.) and company commodities. You can set a deadline and a money reward. This option is a part of the SkyElite subscription.

Offer products on board

You can now offer some products (edible, drinkable) on board. This is another way to sell products produced by factories. A list of sellable products is available in the „Products catalog”.

VIP jobs

SkyElite members have now access to a new type of mission - transporting VIPs. From CEOs to musicians. This type of mission needs an owned aircraft from the medium+ category - which one? That depends on VIP passenger preference. Some want King Air 350i, some Airbus. This type of mission has its own „reputation” system which is based on your landings. Landing below 150 FPM will increase it while landing above 150 FPM will decrease it. The higher your reputation - the more jobs you will have, and the higher the money reward will be. At 100% you can get as much as $1,5m / job.

New menu/header

Aviatife has grown in the last 2 years since its initial release. The previous menu was overloaded already and I decided to make it dropdown. I know that at first, it will be difficult to adapt, but yeah… fingers crossed. :smiley:

There were also additional fixes implemented in this release, but not much. The next version will focus on fixing bugs.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

I tried it for a few days, but unfortunately the bugs were far too frustrating for me too workaround. I would lose tracking constantly during flights, and then when trying to continue the flight it would throw different errors which at best would mean restarting the flight but more often meant cancelling the job, paying the penalty, and ending the flight. Some aircraft data (such as cruise speed) are off by as little as 1 kt but that makes that aircraft unusable. I love the idea and the interface, but as of right now it is not a product I feel confident recommending.

Tried to play the fist mission last night but ran into confusion getting it all set up. The checks are not fully intuitive - it’s hard to tell if you are really tracking. And sure enough my game crashed mid flight. But the continue flight feature worked pretty well, got me back in the air. I did get a timeout for using speed up features, but it was a big deal. I like the concept a lot. I could see myself getting a nice little regional freight airline going.

Thanks for the work, it’s fun.