Aviatife.com - discussion thread

Hello! Here you can discuss the newest career mod for MSFS - Aviatife.com. The full announcement is here:

What do you like? What do you hate? What do you expect in the future?

3 Likes

Mods of stock planes will be compatible?

Hi!

This is a fantastic project, but as an Xbox user, I can only sit and watch with envy…

Do you consider making a “simulatorless” version, where user can mark flight as complete and enjoy the fun of getting new missons? An account using this client wouldn’t take part in rankings of course.

4 Likes

Hi. It depends. If they share the same aircraft performance data (validated), then yes - it should work. Otherwise, you need to wait for the “Add custom aircraft” feature. It should be ready in the next few days.

Hi! Thanks. This is actually a good idea! It would open gates to Xbox users. I will consider it. Some features will not work (like failures due to hard landings or cargo damages), but excluding those users from rankings would solve this.

Well, making a self-assessment after a flight should be enough. I don’t know how much data do you collect, but filling a form with departure & arrival time, consumed fuel, overall flight/landing quality wouldn’t be too complicated for users, and it would bring much fun!

Both of us know that all economy factors would be based on honesty of entered data, but in a single-player environment and outside rankings it’s irrelevant.

Anyway, I’ll keep my fingers crossed and if you decide to be one of the first people who would do something good for Xbox users, I’ll be more than happy to test it and provide feedback.

1 Like

Seems interesting. I’m working away from home (and my gaming rig) for a couple of weeks but I’ll happily register and help with the alpha when I’m back.

1 Like

This sounds like a realy nice idea. Nowadays a fly with a similar project (NeoFly) but I’ll join the website and create an acount to start frlying in this one as well as a side carrer. Is there any discord server where we can talk about it, discuss and well, do those discord tings? Thanks haha

Have to say after flying 5 flights with this, it works very well! The website interface makes things easy. I have to say the quick jobs function where the aircraft is picked for you is genius and makes it so fast to get in the air.

@guiluismelo1001, yes, the Discord server is located here: Aviatife.com (but as far I know, you have joined already :D)

@XtremlySalty, thank you for your kind words!

1 Like

I cant get it to work, tried flying twice same route quick job and it wont
recognize my flight. Should I start cold and dark or what, I start at runway
engine running after created my flight plan in MSFS.

Hi! Sorry for your trouble! When you create a flight in Aviatife, you’ll see a table with a couple of validated attributes. Something like this:

All of these variables must be “Passed”. It checks if you have valid aircraft set in MSFS (quick jobs have aircraft predefined) and if you have all invalid options in MSFS turned off (like unlimited fuel). When all attributes are “Passed”, you will see a big “Start tracking” button below this table. (One of these variables is “Engine started” - you should turn the engine off btw.) Click it, and you are good to go.

If you require any further information, let me know.

If you are still into MSFS and looking for a career mod, I added “single-player mode” to the game with some limitations compared to the standard version, but you can finish a flight without actually tracking it. That means you can use it alongside the Xbox version. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m having a short break from MSFS because Elden Ring came out, but when I finish it, I’ll surely check it out! :slight_smile:

I’m really surprised that you haven’t forgotten about me, thanks a lot!

Really love the new easy mode and the difficulty options. I don’t always have a ton of time to fly so this definitely makes me feel like I’m doing more with the time available to me. Thanks!

This is awesome for us XBOX simmers. Thank you!

How were you able to set this up to work with your xbox? I am stuck and finding nothing regarding xbox on the site. :-/

Hi. You need to enable “single-player mode” in the difficulty options. (Company → Difficulty settings.) Then you should be able to finish flights without tracking them. Other website features should work like in the normal mode. Let me know if you face any problems! :smiley: Maybe there are some bugs I don’t know about. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the response! I finally figured it out the other day. It’s a fun little add on to the sim. It would be nice if it was connected somehow so I could track my flights but I’ll take what I can get. :slight_smile:

Any hints to make more money? I’m only doing quick jobs, within local range (most profitable i think), but my progress is so slow =(