[ALPHA RELEASE 0.2-alpha.a6055b5] Aviatife.com - Career Mode | Aviatife

(Disclaimer: this topic has been posted already in #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities, but I got my developer status on the forums and moved the content of the previous topic here and changed the old topic to “discussion”-type. Sorry for the inconvenience!)

Hello! After countless days of work, with a long break (due to personal circumstances), I’m happy to announce that my companion game for Microsoft Flight Simulator - Aviatife.com, have almost reached the “Alpha 1” stage! Therefore I’m looking for people willing to test it.

What’s Aviatife.com?

It’s an online game (browser-based, client is Windows only) where your goal is to become the biggest airline in the world. The task isn’t that easy because you compete with other players around the world. You are starting with $100 on your bank account, without any aircraft in your hangar. You need to do some quick jobs. It’s a type of job where a job giver provides an aircraft. It’s chosen from the light planes group (C152, C172, SR22, DV20 etc.) After earning some money, you can start doing jobs with your (probably rented) aircraft.

What are features already present?

Quick jobs

You don’t need an aircraft for these jobs. You get one (a contractor chooses the aircraft model). Rewards (money, reputation and popularity) are lower than regular jobs.

Passenger/Cargo jobs

You need to own an aircraft to fulfil these jobs. Every plane has a weight and space limit. You can modify an aeroplane and install/uninstall additional seats to make more (or less) space for cargo.

Regular (passenger) flights

If you like routine - the game offers a regular flights feature. You set departure airport (you need an office at that airport, which costs you money), destination, days you want to fly, time (in UTC), and ticket price. The price is pretty important because you compete with other players on the same route (if other airlines have a regular flight on that route). It’s relatively unprofitable with small aircraft (172, SR22 etc.) but comes in handy with bigger planes because filling them with passengers from regular jobs is pretty impossible.

Fleet

You can rent and buy aircraft. There is a supply and demand system here. If the supply of a particular aircraft model is low - the prices are higher. You can finance (pay in weekly rates) your purchase, but you need at least 30% (minus current financing obligations, so-called credit capacity) of the final price on your bank account to get a loan.

Reputation and popularity

Besides money - every job (even regular flights) has two other rewards - reputation and popularity. These two variables determine how much you earn for jobs in a particular country. What’s more, popularity is a crucial factor when John Doe decides which airline ticket to buy (regular flights). People tend to pay a little more but fly with a well-known airline. You can get popularity/reputation penalties if you deliver damaged cargo. Oh, passengers can be “damaged” too (they can vomit, be scared or even injured, fly safe!). Oh, every country has a popularity ratio - it’s easier to gain it in Poland than in China. It’s based on a population figure.

Rankings

As for now, there are five rankings where you can compete with others in a daily fashion. Show them who’s the king of the smoothest landings! :wink:

Economy index

Determines how wealthy a particular country in the game is. It’s relative (from 1.0 to 0.0), and in the beginning, it’s based on real-world data. This index is updated every day, and the number of finished jobs determines the change.

And many more features!

• Market - buy, sell goods; every airport has its industry (and they import/export particular products for that industry). This feature has been changed twice already. It’s tough to balance. I might change it in the future.
  • Advertising - easily boost popularity and reputation by purchasing an advertising campaign.
  • Production lines - produce goods by combining other products. These days, a game without crafting is not a game, all right?! (PS. It’s not that easy, you need a factory for a few thousand per week)
  • Passengers data - every passenger has a name and a nationality. The nationality is based on other passenger jobs finished at a particular airport. For example, if one airline has a regular flight from EDDM to EPKT, then airlines at EPKT will see more Germans in their jobs.
  • Aircraft renovation - increases overall condition - available for rented aircraft too (but the cost is on you).
  • Aircraft failures - I would be careful with landings. :wink: Landing gear repair can be expensive!

Important things to know:

• There is no option to hire a virtual pilot. You cannot employ other players too. The former feature isn’t planned at all; the latter is! As for now, only airline owners can fly.
  • The game during the early alpha stage will be free. Ultimately it will be subscription-based. (“Founders” (people registered before beta release) will get a lifetime discount)
  • Unfortunately, there is no way to add custom aircraft. No CRJ as for now! But I will implement this feature ASAP.
  • Did I mention that the game is in an early alpha stage? (a.k.a. not everything will work as expected from day one)
  • The game is not mobile-ready yet. But it’s based on Bootstrap 5, and I will make it mobile-friendly in the “Alpha 2” version.

The game has no manual at all. So quick start guide here:

• Go to https://aviatife.com.
  • Register your account.
  • Go to the “Client” section.
  • Download the client.
  • Run Flight Simulator, wait until fully loaded.
  • Run the client.
  • Copy your token from the “Client” section, and paste it to the client.
  • Click “Connect”.
  • Do some “Quick jobs”, earn money, fly safe, have fun!
  • Join Discord server, report bugs, request features/changes. If you need help, reach me on Discord too! Here’s the link: Join Discord.

You can always write your thoughts about the game here on forums in this topic:

3 Likes

Hello! So many things have changed in recent weeks on Aviatife.com! Here is a quick summary of the most significant changes:

Virtual Airlines

You can now hire other players to work for your airline. There are three types of payment - per flight hour, daily fixed-rate and income share. Players also can create employee groups with different sets of permissions, so they can easily limit options available to hired pilots.

Jobs system overhaul

There are new jobs added to the game - VIP, exclusive, dangerous and illegal - with different bonuses (and penalties :smiley: ). The jobs system is now more balanced and more rewarding.

Social hub

Stay connected with other Aviatife pilots using Social Hub. It’s a community centre where you can post your messages, comment on others’ messages and request features/report bugs. (Voting system for features and bugs included!)

Custom aircraft

You can now add a custom aircraft to the game. The process is straightforward! Players with „First Officer” rank (you get it after 20 flight hours) can vote if the aircraft should be added or not. The aircraft moderation is in community hands.

Integration with SimBrief

You can now plan your flight with one click. All data (cargo weight, number of passengers) is pre-filled and sent to SimBrief. Then, the plan is automatically downloaded and applied to your flight. You can download PDF and PLN right from Aviatife.

And a few more new features and changes!

• A detailed logbook with all crucial information about your previous flights.
  • Overhauled aircraft pricing system - it’s not based on real-life prices anymore. It’s balanced around aircraft specifications.
  • New penalty system. (They are not that harsh anymore! :smiley: )
  • A live map where you can see all currently active flights with additional data.

A few words about monetization and data reset after alpha reset. In the first post, I wrote that Aviatife would be subscription-based after the alpha phase. I decided to drop this idea. I believe that Aviatife will shine with many players and not a few paying. The game ultimately will have a „premium account” feature, but it will include only cosmetic changes, and non of the current features will be locked behind it. It will be more like a „support this project” thing than „you must pay to have fun.”

There were rumours that the game would get a data reset after the alpha phase. It’s not true. There is no reset planned. Your progress will stay intact.

So, come and join us - https://aviatife.com (the game community is exceptional!) :slight_smile: Fly safe and have fun!

1 Like