Hello, first post but I’ve been lurking for awhile!
I’ve read various issues that people have been experiencing with MFD blackout and have not been able to find anything similar to what I’ve been experiencing.
This is a vanilla installation of FS2020 with no mods.
The application is not in Dev Mode
ZenDesk Ticket# 99932
I’m able to reproduce this 100% of the time, on any flight I take with the SR22.
- Prior to takeoff I note that Batt A on the G1000 MFD is -73 (ish) amps and yellow (discharge)
- Turning on pitot heat, various lights increases discharge rate.
- After take off and about 5-8 minutes into the flight, avionics fail and the right MFD fails.
- Autopilot system disengages.
- A window appear stating that “Radio is off and must be on to speak to ATC”.
- No interactions with batteries or alternators in the cockpit resolve the issue.
- Toggling AI Options - Control ON causes immediate power ON to MDF and reinitialization
- Batt A is now positive (green) and not discharging
- Toggling AI Options - Control Aircraft OFF - Batt A goes to immediate discharging
- Failures reoccur within 60 seconds.
Cruise - Negative Discharge
AI - Control ON - Electronics Restored (Batt A Green)
AI - Control OFF - Batt A - Immediate Discharge