Avionics shuts down after a few minutes of flight on King Air 350

Hello, I wanted to let you know that there is a bug on the avionics in the King Air 350 plane, as after a few minutes of flight, everything shuts down, I also tried other planes, and everything works, I tried with mods, with custom liveries, and even a fair game, but it doesn’t work anyway. I am attaching photos. Thanks

  • List item

i assume you have gens on?

This problem still persists, I have tried keyboard switching of alternators and battery switches to no avail. The battery is drained after approx 5 mins of flight- I assume because the alternators are not charging.
Sandy

Is this the stock Asobo King Air or the Black Square King Air?

Moving to #community-support:aviate-navigate-communicate

Try resetting the gens before switching to on after engine start

I solved this problem by changing the settings in my TCA Quadrant as shown in the pic.
As soon as the engines have started toggle the starters to off to stop the battery draining

I have solved the elctrical problems on the KIng Air and Beechcarft aircraft by disconnecting my Airbus throttle and joystick and using my old thrustmaster throttle and joystick when I want to fly these aircraft.
I use the airbus peripherals for all other types and they seem to work fine.

This problem STILL persists in msfs 2024…unacceptable.

It is now April, 2026. I still have the avionics go dark after 5 minutes in the Kingair- default or with avionics mods. Every now and then, with default, it will work.

Still no fix for a default plane after 6 years? Really?

That is not a “solution”! Not everyone has the same hardware. A solution to an aircraft bug should be universal, using only the sim or an available mod.

Same deal.

The KIngair still has a basic system bug that needs to be solved by Asobo. I can accept a not-study-level or not-perfect default aircraft as there are so many choices for better or deeper versions by 3rd party developers. But a default aircraft, even if basic, should be flyable and not have engines or avionics shut down regularly mid-flight! Come on, Asobo. Surely you can do better. Or just delete it from the default aircraft so users don’t waste their time with it.

Is there a bug report for this issue. If not it won’t get any attention. This is in a User Support thread. Difficult for the devs to fix it if they haven’t been told about it for three years!

Well said. In the meantime to avoid keeping the King Air in the hangar–we can use workaround as proposed above. Toggle Starter 1 and 2 can be assigned to buttons on different hardware.No neeed to have a Thrustmaster Quadrant-

Still there

Thank you for the world’s longest single sentence :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Overall the sim is amazing, and even a few default planes with issues isn’t reason to go back to old sims. This is the most real sim ever, warts notwithstanding