Awesome Twin Otter Update (New video release)

Aerosoft just released a short video of their upcoming Twin Otter.

3 Likes

Looks good … Flaps seemed to move very fast… I must assume that Aerosoft know what they are doing, and they really do move that fast …
Maybe this is what the market is looking for and wants, a pretty looking plane from the outside.
Personally, I’d be a lot more interested in seeing a Video of the Inside, and the Instrument panel, and how it performed in a crosswind takeoff and landing.

Yeah they released some pics of the cockpit earlier and its all work in progress but I guess they just wanted to show off some of their new exterior techniques and update the community on their progress.

The AS Twin Otter previous versions were wonderful. I have complete faith that they will equal or exceed these old favorites in the MSFS version. A day one purchase without reservations!

1 Like

Same to me! I really enjoyed this product over at FSX. A plane build for utility all the way. Day One Purchase for me too.

This one I am looking forward too as well, a day 1 purchase for sure!

you really think that’s fast? Could it be that you mistook the aileron movement for the flaps?

Flaps took several seconds to move one “notch.” Just what I would expect.

1 Like

Loved the twin otter in fsx, well put together, well modelled, and liked the interactive checklists.

A great go anyway plane, hopefully this version for msfs will be just as good

Duhh… yes … There are certain post that one wishes they had never made !!!

Thanks … back to Ground School for me !!

1 Like

There seems to be a weird blur around the wheels when rolling fast, but beyond that she’s a beauty. With particle effects hopefully making an appearance next Tuesday, I really hope they have amphib and float versions as part of the release!

2 Likes

They will be!

1 Like

Will the cargo version be available too?

The FSX version had a cargo version of the Twin Otter and I liked that one, these were true bushflight adventures.
Everything could have been in there from a caught alligator to the Resident Evil 3 Nemesis or even more exotic stuff like a whole movie collection delivery for cinema conaisseurs living in the outback without us pilots getting told anything about that freight… :wink:

I liked that mysterious box in the back of the cockpit…

2 Likes

I ‘think’ the ailerons droop with flap extension to provide further STOL capability, so both move together a little.

Yep the wheel blur. That’s what I picked up too but otherwise looks very good.

1 Like

The wheel blur is embedded into the sim, so is prop spinner blur. It would be better if Asobo could remove both blur effects, or at least reduce them.

1 Like

That wheel blur is stock MSFS20 when blur in the settings is set to ultra.

1 Like

It’s in the Graphics settings - near the bottom.

1 Like

No wonder I didn’t remember seeing that - I have mine turned off completey.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I overlooked that setting - I’ll switch it off as well.

1 Like