Axis and Ohs: Help and questions

I’m not sure what to tell you - everything is working fine here. Desktop FIP update rate is normally between 10 and 18 updates per second, depending on how powerful your computer is. I’ve never heard of updates going down to one per second (= 1 FPS), sorry.

Hi Oliver,

are hex numbers implement?

According to documentation it looks like yes:

But looks like it is not working:

I will stick to decimal numbers - just wanted to let you know… Maybe simply adjust the docs…

Best regards,
Thomas

This is LVAR for it
1 (>L:PUSH_OVHD_CALLS_ALL, Bool)

Fixed in 2.22 b14

simple question, can i like in FSUIPC, press a key or move a lever in MSFS and AXIS and Ohs tell me what event that is?
Saved me a lot of time searching the correct event for the buttons in fsuipc…

I found a script here:

Sorry, no.

It didn’t seem worth the effort. In MSFS things are no longer controlled primarily through the legacy events. Don’t expect them to work, that is more the exception than the rule.

MSFS developers use LVars, Hvars and BVars (whole scripts too) instead. To track those, one would need to know their exact names, but since every developer can invent their own, that is impossible.

The tracking of controls in the VC can be done in MSFS developer mode, model behavior debug.

1 Like

Ok i understand. I think its better then trying all the different names and hope to find the correct one. Especially with german msfs version and not too much an airplane expert.
That saved me much time in fsuipc although not all events where working. Hope it will be part of aao one day…

As stated above, this is not possible to do with LVars, HVars and BVars, not in any app. Why implement something that tracks default sim events, when they are no longer in use? In a typical MSFS plane you can consider yourself lucky if 25% of the switches still use the legacy sim events.

With MSFS, finding out what actually drives a button or lever in the cockpit is much more complicated than just finding K: events. Hence my recommendation to activate the MSFS developer mode and to take a look at the model behavior debug feature. That feature is in essence what you are asking for.

1 Like

Yep thanks will do that, great support from you!

Cant find the Model Behavior Debug in Dev mode??

I am pressing a button Battery on and off and want to bind it to AOO … But i have no idea what to choose and i have 20 buttons left :slight_smile: Where in the Debug tool can i press a button and the tool tells me the event?
OK found out 4 Buttons Fuel Pumps 3 way, Battery, Ignition3 way all with FSUIPC very fast.
But cant find it in the Dev Tool.-

Windows->Behaviors.

But this is a lot more involved than clicking a button and watching what happens. Wait till’ you get to buttons that are not controlled by events. Try the G1000 for example.

I think that I have read about a written guide about the behavior debug, that a fellow simmer released recently? But I don’t remember where exactly that was.

Personally I don’t use either. If possible, I prefer to parse the model definition files of the aircraft (unless they are encrypted of course). Control assignments can be quite difficult with MSFS.

1 Like

Ok thanks, i see the debug doesn’t help, i figured out all switches that i can use with fsuipc. Thats good enough. But aao is so much better in UI and way more user friendly. So i bought both.
Fsuipc tells me what events are possible working. Way better then just guess a name. Then i take them to aao.
Thanks for your support.

OK. But I still think that event tracking is not as much help as you make it out to be. There are too many things in the cockpit that don’t care about events.

Anyway, so here it is (or will be, in AAO version 2.22)

4 Likes

woa very nice!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes, i cannot get every button and event i want, but like 50% that i want from TPM or Caravan is better then nothing. Its a very fast way to determine “some” Buttons. Nice!

I am having diffculty getting the Streamdeck XL to connect using the plugins via Axis and Ohs(Version2.21(b3)

As a test using the CJ4 profile - turning on the BCN,Taxi,LNDG, Pulse lights - No response in the Sim

Details:
Connection - Start Automatically
Streamdeck XL - Yes - Connected Device

• not showing in Configured Devices in Database
    RPN Scripts added
  • A320/G1000/CJ4
    Hardware>Ignore Sim Electrical Power - Done
    WebAPI Using Port 9080 - added rule in mcafee to allow this port
    Manage Aircraft Configurations - ??

MSFS

• Engaged Dev Mode - Windows>Behaviors - Nothing when I press buttons

What am I missing?

Hi Oliver, is there a chance to let the led‘s of the x-touch mini buttons correspond to the buttons of the FBW A320? for example FD, LS, LOC, AP 1+2, APPR and so on. I‘ve got the buttons work, but there is no feedback on LED‘s

Most likely, the port is blocked by another application. In that case it must be changed, in AAO and in the StreamDeck plugin. On the AxisAndOhs website there is a troubleshooting guide PDF for the AAO WebAPI. It also contains instructions about how to change the port.

It won’t. The StreamDeck AAO plugin is accessing the AAO WebAPI. AAO doesn’t know and doesn’t care that the StreamDeck is actually a hardware device. So it doesn’t show up as that in AAO (and if it does, because sometimes it is registered as a HID device, then it should be moved to the device blacklist in AAO)

Please check the AAO manual, the chapter about MIDI OUT. You have to send MIDI messages back to the XT.

Thank you - The port change was the solution.

Understood on the Configured Devices ask.