Axis Sensitivity...can someone please help me?

Can someone tell me what is optimum sensitivity? I really have no clue what the lines should be on the axis, etc…

Suggest to add at least a 2% deadzone and place all the remaining values to 0%.

Start flying and gradually decrease the sensitivity if the controls are too twitchy.

Adjusting the sensitivity depends a lot on the used joystick and personal preference.

Thanks!!!

Does the line on the axis have to be linear? or can it be variable?

At 0% it will be linear, which isn’t suitable for joysticks which have less travel than a real stick/yoke.

Usually you have to decrease the sensitivity, e.g. -20%, so there’s a noticeable kink (previously a nice curve).

1 Like

I will advise you to turn your mode from Legacy to Modern as well. Makes a big difference of controlling an aircraft.

1 Like

I assume by mode you mean flight model. This is modern by default.

1 Like

Indeed yes. Could you please confirm that problem is fixed after that change?

I’m currently testing it out…the controls are still very sensitive…so not sure what to do…do i decrease dead zone/neutral? what should i adjust?

In that case, try to put all the axis in both negative and positive ranges to 0 as well.

The Dead Zone is for controllers that don’t have a very steady neutral. You can see this if the position indicator moves a little by itself when you are not touching the control.

1 Like

this is what i currently have

As mentioned above, suggest to try initially -20% sensitivity.

im confused…what should be -20? which slider?

ALL sensitivity sliders. If the controls are still too twitchy for your liking try -40%.

Note that the lowered sensitivity only works at low to medium joystick deflection angles.

At the end of the joystick travel there will be no difference, regardless of the sensitivity setting.

My sidestick stick is based on hall effect sensor (AIRBUS replica TCA) and for me those settings are fine.
Try to increase the positive ranges and to decrease equally the negative ranges of axis 10% . If you are still no happy repeat that step with another 10% adjustments.

It really varies by input controller. With my joystick I have to go up to like -60%+ sensitivity. Even then, if I cross a certain point the plane tumbles out of control

Increasing to positive sensitivity makes the aircraft even more twitchy than at 0%.
This doesn’t make sense.

Then try the other way round.

Ok, I think I got it pretty much under control with the current setting and the flight model set to Modern.

However, now I have an issue when initiating autopilot…there’s oscillating left and right and up and down…does anyone know why?

That’s another issue which most of us have. :laughing: