Azure voice and live weather down

I just got off, and I had live weather all the way from cleveland to va …

At work we have some Azure services. It’s about as reliable as you would expect when looking at the MSFS online services track record as of late. Lots of cryptic “An error has occurred” messages with no details, inability to log into Office 365, Teams not working, etc…

1 Like

Wait until we get one of those Solar Storms that will knock the net off line for a few months…where will your cloud be then ;p

-Gotta love Goggle News!

3 Likes

Well, so much for trying to fly on Vatsim tonight. Looks like I’m parking the cockpit until this server issue is resolved.

1 Like

Same issue here.

Live weather (clouds) not working for me here in Sydney Australia.
Seems this was first reported more than one hour ago, would be nice if they could acknowledge there is an issue with at least a bar at the top of the forum…

Idk if there is any Rick & Morty fans among us…it’s almost like that episode with that pawn shop “needful things” …Sure…you can have wind thats not 225/03, and icing thats more realistic…but now you have no clouds mwahahahahaha. Hey I can’t do much about it, just as well to have a laugh…

2 Likes

Live temp & altimeter & winds are working though

I would have a comment to describe this whole situation, but I can’t post it, as those who aren’t in the know would think I’m disparaging the “differently abled”.

You probably know exactly what I’d like to say. lol

3 Likes

Absolutely! :slight_smile:

Seriously, I live off and in the interwebz for decades now and in all that time I encountered waaayyy less server outages than in the past year with FS.

1 Like

@NewfieSmokester - maybe you’re onto something here with Needful Things.

MSFS gives us a lot of great new regular content. But we don’t pay… with money…

• We get new world updates, but the graphics and photogrammetry are terrible and they run at 8 fps
  • We get a massive performance update, but it cranks back graphics, and causes massive pop-ins and breaks cockpit interaction.
  • We get an update that fixes a bunch of issues, but makes a bunch of planes unusable.
  • We get improved LOD, but can’t access servers

A price for everything…

Maybe Microsoft should bring their servers to Rick to have them fixed…

6 Likes

Every flight since SU5.

4 Likes

Hey, I’m taking advantage of the clear weather to cross the cascades tonight. No fears of icing!!

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve also got no clouds on World map or in game on live weather tonight, worked fine earlier though.

2 Likes

For me its since SU6, but yeah in the previous 12 months Azure has only gone down I’d say less than 5 times, and in the last week it would be 20+ times

2 Likes

Well, this is one way to solve the excessive lightning problem.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Azure is not reliable :frowning:

1 Like

Now that we have a sim that depends on their external networking and apps on their servers…who’s monitoring and rectifying these services? My observations are we are almost always the first and only ones to know about these interruptions until our posts are read. Additionally, there outages usually take quite a while to resolve. The sim seems to require 24x7 monitoring and trouble resolution. I could be wrong, but it doesn’t feel like we have that…

3 Likes

I liked MSFS 2020 best after SU 3. SU 4 wasn’t bad but caused a VFR glitch that was manageable.

I have been concerned about a situation in MSFS just like this:

Games & gaming

CURRENT ISSUES
1 of 1
NBA 2K22
LIMITED

Status
Outage reported
9/4/2021, 3:00:00 AM
We’re close to resolving the issue
10/27/2021, 11:00:55 PM
Resolution
Pending

Source:
Xbox Status | Xbox Support

They have been “close to resolving this issue” for weeks.

If flight simmers could not even start MSFS for like 2 months (even 2 weeks!!), I wonder what the consequenses would be?

1 Like