B787-10 Autopilot HUD Broken

Flying the B787-10 on a flight. The Autopilot HUD is blank and will not display anything. The HUD folds down but is just blank. This is with the latest update. I am using the Microsoft Store Version.

Stock 787-10

Did you download the premium and deluxe version updates in the content manager last night? I noticed there were updates for the 787 in those. Haven’t flown in 787 myself since update though.

I’ll have to check when I get out of flight. I THINK only the standard stuff downloaded.

There are quite a few other updates including deluxe / premium deluxe and some world updates too. Probably best to install them all.

I think everything with a HUD that isn’t the Asobo F/A-18 is broken at the moment, owing to the collimation update.

Well, I did download the updates. It appears zoomed in now after restarting the sim.

3 Likes

After SU7 HUD display on B787 is not working well.
I can see only a “crop” of the display.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Same issue on mine. Don’t know what to do yet☹️

and yet it was something that they seem to have corrected, it is simply broken now.

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner

Fixed HUD projection
MCDU has all of its buttons highlighted in hover
The ND flight plan display now has the correct color
The REV indication on EICAS is now displayed in reverse mode

I concur the same issue, it seems the colimation model is updated (sort of ideal in the FA18) but the parameters aren’t changed for 787 that caused the situation. Hopefully they have plan to revisit the 787 HUD, besides resetting parameters, adding the flight path vector would be great.

It has grounded my CRJ, where it is completely gone.

If it aint broken, break it!

Workout :First I was surprised but in fact now the HUD is more useful .you have to adjust your cockpit view , zoom a little then adjust a little bit with the arrows on your k

eyboard left right and up&down
Before an after settings

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.
If I type up & down or left & right arrows on the keyboard I change only the view in the cockpit, not the hud diplay.

Hit CTRL+1 on keyboard to go to that view, then the arrow keys work panning around. You can see all of the display, but it’s just too big now to fit on the HUD. Some magnification factor is wrong. I wonder if there’s any way to change this or is it in a cfg somewhere. Very annoying. I was just about to swicth back to the 787 for a few flighs too.

EDIT: See next post as I found a solution.

1 Like

Actually I found a solution.
Go to CAMERA->COCKPIT->PILOT and choose ‘LANDING’ camera. HUD is fine and fits better.

Not sure why this view isn’t by default. but just set it as a custom view with ALT+1 or something like that.

3 Likes

that HUD is still severely cropped…better than the default one though

Yeah still not like it was before, but maybe usable. Will need to test on a landing.

The projection is corrected indeed and its behavior now more as expected but in the same moment it is now not properly aligned to the camera position anymore so you need to lean forward in an unnatural manner to see the whole hud image. It is not easy to have all good things at once.

OK just did a flight. To me the HUD target looks offset on landing too. Doesn’t line up with runway (pictured here coming in at EGKK 26L). Also Autothrottle seems disfunctional, it now seems to ramp up to overspeed conditions, had to switch to manual throttle. AT light on switch constantly blinks. Another new bug or is it just me?

1 Like

I agree this doesn’t look too bad as default. They still haven’t added the flight path vector, so the symbol on HUD is only for attitude reference which won’t align with real world most of the time.