Back to the Roots: Bonanza G36 Travels

010: Prijedor (LQPD) → Belgrade (LYBE).

POI’s:

This isn’t just a picture of the Careva Gora woodlands, it is also symbolic for the first third of this leg: A lot of forests, some smaller hill ranges and very few settlements at all.

Here I crossed the Bosna River between Podnovlje in the north and Majevac in the south.

This large city to the right is Brčko. It is located on the southern bank of Sava River which serves as a border between Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegowina.

I did not leave Bosnia-Herzegowina at Brčko, but continued east towards the Serbian border, which I crossed at the Drina River near Balatun.

Passing Dobanovci I began my approach to Belgrade Airport.

Small fact:
Did you know that Brčko is the district capital of the Brčko District, which is an autonomous region between the autonomous Republic Srpska and the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegowina, the two main parts of Bosnia-Herzegowina. It belongs to both parts but is controlled by none, instead it is a special area under international protection. The district is therefore headed by both a locally elected mayor and an international advisor who wields extensive executive powers.