Back to the Roots: Bonanza G36 Travels

004: Challanges (LFGF) → Geneve (LSGG).

POI’s:

Unfortunately this was a pretty short flight as I was constantly struggling with my headtracking gear. Despite this it was still a nice little trip, starting Eastern France with the crossing of both Saône and Doubs Rivers.

Closing in on the Alps and already within the Jura Mountains I found this beautiful lake near Doucier, which is called the “Lac de Chalain”.

Sometimes random discoveries can be the most impressive! I was struggling (again) with my headtracker and wiggled it loose from its frozen position and what did I see? The valley commune of Hauts de Bienne, nestled within the Jura Mountains!

Deciding to cut this flight short I turned in above Lake Geneva, crossed the city of Genf / Geneve / Geneva in its entirety and landed at the busy airport on its western side.

Small fact: Did you know that a burned-down absinthe factory led to an important hydrological discovery near Montarlier? After the distillery burned down in 1901 a great volume of Absinthe entered the Doubs in Montarlier. A few days later the water of Loue River began to taste like anis. After an investigation it was proven that water from the Doubs River seep away near Montarlier and enters the groundwater supply which feeds the spring of Loue River.