Backup needed!

Hi all. I don’t know how many of you have the FS2020 program purchased from the Store and how many through Steam.
I must say that absolutely all my game programs were acquired through the Steam store and made the mistake of purchasing FS2020 through the Microsoft Store.

The HUGE difference between the two is first of all the download speed, Steam download to good speed and the MS Store is a disgrace and constant frustration … I can’t find other words to describe it. The second is that apart from speed, Microsoft Store is extremely inefficient as it does not have a system that allows us to have a backup of the program on our external disk to be able to reinstall without having to download everything again, especially large titles. MSFS2020, Halo, etc. with which they force us to go through a huge waste of time and frustration. How difficult can it be to enable a backup system? . Not all of us live with downloads of 100Mb speed, where sadly I live barely exceeds 1.5 to 1.9Mb (only the MS store because if I download from anywhere else I can download using all my bandwidth between 16 and 20Mb / s , I mean, IT’S A MSOFT PROBLEM, NOT MINE!).
Another possibility is that users are enabled to go to the STEAM store if MSoft is not able to solve the problem. I am not going to buy the program twice and I think it is our right to demand that the things we pay for work. I see too much passivity about our claims and so far Zendesk has not given too much help.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Downloadable installation file(s) or backup

A vote has been moved.

Hi @wolf250256!

I’ve renamed your topic to only include your wishlist request.

I would also suggest limiting your post to talking about a single request, so that others find it easier to find/vote on your suggestion.

The other bit of your post on slow downloads would probably be better suited in dedicated threads that already exist elsewhere on the forum, such as the thread linked below, to avoid duplication/splitting of votes.

Thanks!