Baffling that some high impact bugs are still not fixed after 7-8 months

Specifically…

• AP taking a u-turn when entering an approach assigned by ATC upon arrival during IFR flight
  • 10-deg heading bug associated with Honeycomb products
  • ATC assigning bizarre altitudes

These issues affect nearly EVERY flight. And they’ve been there for 8 months (well maybe 7 as the Honeycomb Alpha wasn’t available right away).

Is there anything more impactful than these issues?

Instead of constantly degrading performance, how about Asobo actually fix something for us?!

12 Likes

The things I notice the most are related to weather depiction and world and aircraft modeling. The sudden wind shears that don’t transition well. The icing issues. The inconsistent weather reporting. Turboprop simulation, wake/ turbulence effects. The fact that ATC wants to kill you sometimes. And there’s other less important things that simply kill immersion. The ground environment at the airport, the level of detail should be increased even more directly around the airport. And please at that level of detail, can we have straight taxiway lights and maybe even some poles for our floating lights at that detail? That’s just some of my gripes, but I feel overall we are headed in the right direction. And I hope some of these items at least are considered soon.

4 Likes

Crashes, also not completely resolved.

I think that the airport environment “sparsity” will be fixed when Asobo implements the community portal to allow us to upload airports. Once that’s ready I’m happy to go to town updating my local airports. Assuming even a small percentage of other users do the same, the airports could be looking much better very, very quickly.

Scott

It’s not only a Honeycomb problem, it’s buttons that keep sending a on/off state in general. If you really want to use those products then only a external program that handles input/outputs will work, until Asobo fixed the issue.

10 Likes

Good point.

I can only conclude that no one at Asobo plays this sim. If they did, they’d be having a zoom meeting the next day to fix this ■■■■!

7 Likes

No, they know about them…

Oh, I’m sure they know about it. But if every evening after work they logged into the sim to try and enjoy it, you can bet these issues would be fixed pronto. It’s clear none of them actually use the sim.

3 Likes

No, they have higher priorities. Decided by vote on this forum…

2 Likes

I’d wager the ranch and all the cattle that if they could flip a switch and fix everything they’d have done it.
I’d also be willing to bet that there is a list of issues and bugs for them to work through - between the flight sim, the earth sim, and the AI program - that would wrap halfway around the world. And as many here like to point out - “when they fix one thing, it breaks three others”
So I’m prepared to cut them a little slack.
It reminds me of whenever I see a car slowing down on the highway ahead - folks start swerving and cussing and blowing their horns at the “idiot” without thinking for a second that it could be the car breaking down…sometimes folks are a little too quick to call foul.

5 Likes

AI ATC is bad in all flight sims and not just this one, and hence I don’t complain about it too much. But this shouldn’t mean that it’s acceptable the AP will do a u-turn. And the honeycomb bug is simply inexcusable.

6 Likes

Be nice if they could investigate constant VR crashes with the Reverb G2 headset and Radeon 6800XT GPUs (I have also raised the issue with AMD). I’m more than willing to act as beta tester representing people with high end AMD rigs.

believe me you don’t want to see any of the games you develop after work. You see way to many bugs and issues and after work becomes unpaid work. That’s called work-life balance.

4 Likes

well then adobo should set aside a couple of paid work-hours per day per developer to actually use their product … That’s called an “eat your own dogfood”-approach to make things better …

1 Like

and then the people are screaming why the updates need so long. a couple of hours per day is a lot if you only have 8 hours a day.

1 Like

but it would be well invested time - and with millions of copies sold, maybe adobo could afford to hire enough talented people to compensate for this … I for my part would prefer less but stable and working progress to be made.

just my two cents though.

1 Like

Hiring is what they are doing:
https://www.asobostudio.com/careers

5 Likes

maybe there is hope then … :wink:

Curious why they didn’t hire these positions 18 - 24 months ago, but that definitely shows some progress is being made (assuming they actually fill these).

Scott

2 Likes

Because they didn’t have the money. And apparently rich uncle Microsoft thinks they should now. Many wondered if this risky venture would sink or swim. This hiring chart speaks more about what’s happening behind the scenes than a lot of communication people are always asking for on here. That the dev team is expanding is the most encouraging news I’ve seen on here yet. Frankly, I was worried Microsoft would pull the plug or just treat this game like their red headed stepchild once the initial buzz wore off and they saw how much of a money pit it was.

3 Likes