Balkans bush trip not working to advance Anemoi achievement

OK, this is one that is currently very frustrating.

I finished both the Yosem. (Goldrush) and the Patagonia (Fire & Ice) bush flight achievements, so I know how they are supposed to be done.

However, I just completed the Balkans one, and I got 0% achievement (“Anemoi”). Not one leg counted towards it, despite every leg on the first page being checked off (16/16). All flight conditions were met. I’ve even tried it again simply hand flying with NO autopilot or anything, and after 3 legs, my achievement still indicates “0%”…

Obviously, something is wrong here, but i’m not seeing a lot of discussion about it and I’ve gotten ZERO help from zendesk (no response at all, in fact).

Would love to know if this is a known and recognized bug (if it is, I can find nothing official on it anywhere) or if there is some sort of workaround or fix. Obviously I don’t want to waste another 9 hours trying to finish this acheev if it won’t work…

Balkans did work for me, but I started and finished it in between major updates. Did your flights span across updates pushed down to the Sim? I saw some notes much, much earlier (after launch during the two-week sprints era) that updates did seem to break some people’s Bush Trips.

I did, but currently the anemoi achievement is not tracking any advancement, even if I delete my mission “SAVEFILE” and start all over again, no matter how many legs I complete…

Yikes. I was about to suggest the savefile approach when you replied. Not sure what else to try on this.

thanks for the reply, yep, I don’t know what’s going on here…very frustrating. And I’ve tried it on a totally different installation as well, but still get 0% progress no matter how many legs are completed.

The most frustrating thing? The kind folks at Zendesk don’t respond…

I did the Bulkan bush trip between updates (no updates happened once I started the trip) but on landing in Santorini on the final leg (which no longer has satellite Bing data btw), I didnt get the leg completed popup message. I couldnt get it to popup after taxiing off runway, turning plane off etc, so I exited

The leg was flagged as complete (ticked) but did not get the achievement and do not have any completed Bush Trips in my profile. I even redid the last leg but nothing. I did land once in the middle of a leg in a paddock because I was running out of fuel and had to work out how to refuel. No idea if that upset the process but I couldnt be bothered doing the entire thing over tbh.

Crazy idea, try uninstalling the Bush Trip reboot and reinstall. You got nothing to lose at this point.

Thanks, Casual, but…already done that…

I noticed something on the Patagonia Bush Trip today, I believe there is a time associated with each trip. I believe that if you lose your GPS (happens often) and start flying from landing strip to landing strip, you are actually taking a little less time each trip. If you jump back in, the last leg once or twice more, the “trip time” should increase past the threshold needed for the Achievement.

I was in the middle of the (3rd attempt of the) last leg on Patagonia when the Achievement popped for me and it occured to me it could be a time in flight thing.

I have completed the 3 necessary bush trips for the 3 achievements. All popped bar gold rush.
Now I did use back on track for the first leg, but as soon as I completed the leg I restarted from leg 1 again. Completed all 25 legs, shows in pilot profile that gold rush is 100% but no achievement popped. Even redid leg one and two to be sure. Nada. On the bush trip menu gold rush is 100% complete. Out of ideas at this point.

This is still a bug.

I’ve just completed the Balkans Bush Trip, haven’t used the “Back on track” feature at all, on any legs. Yet the achievement “Anemoi” does not unlock.

• No developer mode
  • Xbox Series X
  • Hardware: only the default Xbox controller
3 Likes

Is it allowed to use the autopilot and the Garmin nav in the Balkan bush trip,?

Yes. The only thing not allowed is the “back on track” button on the VFR Map panel. But since the path is programmed into the aircraft, that feature is pointless anyway. Still, the achievement doesn’t unlock.

I know autopilot is allowed because I completed the Patagonia bush trip with it as well and that achievement unlocked without problems.

2 Likes

Thank you, for me Balkan and Nevada is bugged. It does not unlock.

3 Likes

I could unlock the Nevada one as well. It looks like it’s random, but Anemoi seems to be the most problematic.

4 Likes

Same issue here. Just completed Balkans Bush Trip on Steam. Every leg was checked off and I got the ending checkpoint page at the end of every leg. On the Bush Trip page it shows as 100% completed, however the Steam achivement did not unlock, and it shows 0/100.

1 Like

Did you exit to the main menu after every leg? I noticed that if you don’t do that, then the sim doesn’t put the flight into the Logbook. This might be the cause of the issue, but I haven’t had the time to re-do the whole bush trip with this method yet.

1 Like

I think it is so simple as that those achievements are broken.
I have the balkan achievement, but some time later when i did patagonia, it did not work.

1 Like

For me it was vice versa. Patagonia did work, Balkan and Nevada not

I don’t think so. Due to less time I only flew one leg a day. I did exit to main menu automatically. And it did not work….

1 Like