Baltic Coast of Denmark and Sweden hangs with both cessnas

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

The Bush trip hangs when I klick continue on the first leg

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I just start up Bush trip Baltic Coast of Denmark and Sweden
It happens for both Cessna Classic (I have it installed) and G1000 version.
When I click Continue - MSFS hangs in the first screen that shows the whole trip.
btw this shows the wrong destination - Arlanda instead of Eskilstuna

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Yes

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Latest downloaded via installation manager

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

no

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I have the standard version so can just test with the C172 G1000. No issue to start the 1st leg
I am under SU15B, ms-store

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I am not sure what version I have :blush: How can I see that. I cannot find any “About” to click on. The only I know is to ckick on my gamer tag and there it is build release “1.36.2.0” But not any SUxx.
I have downloaded it from ms-store and have the total release (Premium De Luxe)
I have tried with both Classic and G1000 and both gives me a frozen screen.
In Task Manager I can see that MSFS do not use any CPU at all. Maybe 0.1% for a short while once a minute. Have let it on for 10 minutes this way. Nothing happens.

I have after I have cancelled the MSFS in Task Manager - tried to start it up in save mode- but then this bush trip is not present at all. It seems to be only the bush trips I had earlier in the bush trip window. and no Baltic Coast of Denmark and Sweden.
To be clear - I have also tested some other of the new bush trips like Adriatic Tour in Slovenia, Carpathian Tour, Czezh Tour, Cuba Tour and Haiti Dominica Rep Tour.
All of this works. Just the Baltic Tours that is frozen.
Is it any Idea to uninstall and reinstall the Nordic and Greenland Update XV ???

// Erland

Hi Again.
I just will comment that I now have deleted and reinstalled the bush trip
"Baltic Coast … " that is a part of update XV and still I have the problem
with a frozen screen and is forced to end the MSFS process in Task Manager.
So no change with a reinstallation of the bush trip.
Maybe I should reinstall the two airports in play in the first leg?
// Erland

I recommend that you delete and deactivate the rolling cache.

First deactivate it in INGAME and make a note of the storage location. Exit MSFS and delete any remaining files from the rolling cache folder.

Then restart the sim, first take a free flight at the starting airfield of the bush trip, then start another (working) bush trip and after this try again with the Baltic Coast.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it works out for you!

If this does not work, you may find a solution here: Help and Support (en-US) (koschis-web.de)

BuffyGC

1 Like

You mentioned it below :slight_smile: , you have the Premium Deluxe version that comes with the C172 classic and you are under SU14 (1.36.2.0)
Meantime I am moving your post to the User Support Hub User Interface & Activities since your issue seems to be specific to your system and so that community can provide their feedback/support.

Oh my god. I am so greatful to BuffyGC.
I follow his recommendation and deleted the cache.
Then started up and reaktivate it - and fly as you say…
One trip frĂĄn EKEB that is the first Airfield on leg 1.
Continue to start up earlier working bush trip and it still works.
Then Start up the Baltic Coast - And Jippie It works.
Have tested both the Classic and the G1000 and they work both.

I will not write thousand Thank you - But I am sure that you
can feel all those Thank you to you.

btw is it a always a good idea to make this - delete the cache - when something odd happens.?

Thank you again BuffyGC.

// Erland

3 Likes

The rolling cache can lead to a wide variety of issues, from faulty buildings, horrible altitude information, incorrect fauna to crashing missions and much more. It always occurs when the cache contains outdated information. Therefore, in my humble opinion, it makes sense to delete it after every update.

If you have a stable and fast internet, deactivate it permanently. I have deactivated the rolling cache for over 3 years and have been protected from such phenomena ever since.

BuffyGC

2 Likes