Baltimore-Washington International (KBWI) Missing Main Runway 15R/33L

Anther WU (9) and still not fixed. This is RIDICULOUS!

3 Likes

Agreed. This is the one airport that I fly in & out of most often. I live right under the flight path to 33L. Why no runway yet? How hard can it be to fix?
Does anyone know of a 3rd party add-on for KBWI that fixes this issue?

1 Like

This should be a complete KBWI airport replacement. I am happy with the current state of the project and have moved to full version releases.

KNOWN ISSUES

If not using Navigraph data, SIDs and STARs for RWY 15R/33L are missing as are the ILS / RNAV approaches. This cannot be fixed until Asobo fixes their underlying (horrible) airport.

If using Navigraph data, you will have all the proper SIDs STARs and approaches. However you MUST ensure that the navigraph package is located BELOW the KBWI package in your content.xml file. This is located at %AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\content.xml

Example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> ... Other Stuff ...

BIG THANKS to Srinivasman Studios for building out a custom terminal building. Make sure to check out their other work!

Version History
Alpha 0.1.1: All taxiway surfaces should be current. Some taxiway edges will not be properly aligned yet. Added lines for parking spaces.

Alpha 0.1.2: Parking space lines added, only ground lines left to add are vehicle markings. Noted bug where STARs don’t work with 33L/15R… need to investigate

Alpha 0.1.3: Parking spaces should be proper size and aligned. Also added the parking spaces for the Terminal E expansion… right now the jetways are just hanging out in the midle of nowhere. This will be fixed in the Beta when the terminal is added. Added more ground lines for vehicles.

Beta 0.2.0: All parking is added and accurate except the Terminal A extension and the South Cargo area extension. All jetways are added and properly located (except the terminal A extension). Lights are added. Custom terminal building added courtesy of Srinivasman Studios.

Beta 0.2.1: Updated some parking spaces, aligned some of the ground polys / lines. ILS should all be fixed and functional, if there is a problem please let me know!!!

Beta 0.2.2: ILS should actually be fixed, I have verified this in LNM with and without Navigraph installed. Once again, if there is still an issue please let me know. Applied the fix for modelLib issues.

Beta 0.2.3: Taxiway lights should be fully accurate now, both the edge and the centerline lights. If you see anything off please let me know. Actually updated version number in manifest. The addon should now be in very good shape. I am waiting for some updated imagery to add taxiway T2 and ensure the terminal A extension is proper. Also need to finish the south cargo area and find some generic warehouse building model.

Beta 0.2.4: Added buildings to the South cargo ramp. Added gates for the terminal A expansion. Added a few hangars and a better building in the GA area. Started adjusting height of ramp lights to be more accurate.

Version 1.0.0: An update to patch a bug introduced in Sim Update V where SIDs / STARs disappeared. I am happy with where the scenery stands now. I will keep the airport updated as major construction projects are complete at the airport and sim updates continue to break things.

1 Like

OMG they still didn’t fix this in WU 10. :rage:

2 Likes

Unreal. What a missed opportunity.

Flight plan developed in Simbrief for landing at KBWI on RWY 33L. However, RWY doesn’t show up as a choice in the MCDU.
Any thoughts?

I made a flight plan into KBWI using rwy 33L; however, the rwy does not appear in MSFS even though it is there in the real world. Is this a bug?

1 Like

Simple answer: YES - the MSFS scenery us not uptodate. There are a few such issues worldwide.

Cheers
Richard

1 Like

Are you able to select it on the world map?

The A32NX (currently) only uses in-sim navdata. So it is important to check if that navdata works correctly. The world map is a good way to see that.

1 Like

KBWI is a terrible mess in the sim. They have a very old version (6-7 years old) where 33L was under construction. I am not sure if that is the reason as I don’t even attempt to use BWI right now. LatinVFR should be out with their KBWI sometime soon I believe. You could try installing Navigraph if you don’t already have it as that may add it back in.

1 Like

That KBWI add-on is good, but it’s also very old and hasn’t been updated in some time, so it may not be compatible anymore.

1 Like

How do I upvote this to keep it on everyone’s radar? I hope some day someone develops a high quality add-on airport for BWI. I live in Maryland and the Dulles one is amazing. Not to say that the freeware one isn’t great, I am just willing to pay for more detail.

1 Like

It’s hard to believe that this still hasn’t been fixed, even after two World Updates focused on the USA.

I’m sure there are plenty of Zendesk tickets created for this, just from the comments I’ve read here on the forums.

Not sure what can be done to get this escalated.

They have Third Parties that assist them with World Updates so it’s not like they don’t have the resources to get this fixed. They absolutely do, no question. It’s just never been triaged and prioritized. So frustrating.

An international airport that’s missing it’s main runway. And the airport is a hub for Southwest Airlines.

Is there a Moderator or Community manager that could please escalate this for us?

3 Likes

It’s Dec 2022 and this still isn’t fixed. Need to be sure to get this one in next time there’s an open q&a, maybe the squeaky wheel will get the fix. Really insane that such a major US airport is still missing an entire runway.

4 Likes

Jan 2023. Still an issue. Imagine my surprise when coming in for a night landing. Changed the time, and yep.

1 Like

Same just happened to me, LOL!

1 Like

Same here….using simbrief …why oh why…lol

Grab LVFR’s KBWI. It has all the runways and more :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, this is what I did, as soon as I saw that it was available for purchase. They really did a great job on it.

Since KBWI is my home airport, it was well worth the money for me.

I’m still disappointed that it hasn’t been addressed in Sim though (for reasons I’ve laid out several times here on the Forums).

2 Likes