Baron fuel at 100% for the whole flight

Hi,

The fuel of the Baron was at 100% for the whole flight (300 nm). I don’t have any mod installed. Everything set on realistic.

Thanks

For what it’s worth (admittedly, very little … useless actually) as I recall from flight training a long time ago, the ‘spec’ for fuel gages is that they can be considered accurate only when they read zero fuel remaining. : - )

1 Like

same with my MG-TF BRG 135 :slight_smile:

The fuel in the menu sliders go quite a few gallons over what the fuel indicators say on the G1000. They will go down once you reach the range of the indicators in gallons provided you don’t have unlimited fuel on.

I didn’t have unlimited fuel on. And I don’t think it’s normal that after 250-300 nm (about 2 hours of flight) they are still at 100%, even if the limit goes over 100%.

I agree it’s not normal, but thats what I’ve experienced.

Set fuel to 50%. Fly two hours. Land and compare the gauges to the fuel window. 2 hours at economy cruise, starting at 100%, the Baron’s gauges are barely going to move. I can easily get 8 hours out full tanks (I did the saddle sore challenge in the Baron) and don’t see any significant movement of the gauges in the first 2-3 hours, from full.

1 Like

As per the G58 manual I found online dated 2015, the fuel gauge reads up to 75 US gallons for each fuel tank, and the fuel capacity of each tank is 100 US gallons. So you would need to burn 25 US gallons from each tank before the needle will even start to move.

2 Likes

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

G58 Baron fuel quanitity indicators do not decrease during flight

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Set Baron fuel tanks to 100%, take off, fly for a while and check fuel quantity indicators

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

NA

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.31.22/0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Check:
Options>Assistance Options>Aircraft Systems>Unlimited Fuel = Off

Thanks @ccrbc but unlimited fuel has always been set to Off in my sim. This seems to be a bug only affecting the G58 for me.

np m8, Check for any mods that could affect it liveries etc.

1 Like

I’m taking the G58 on a proper coast to coast haul tomorrow or thursday. Will report back.

Took it long distance tonight. As mentioned previously the primary gauge only goes up to 75 gallons per tank. The plane holds sumthing like 188 gallons. I was at cruise power leaned out to about 17 gallons per hour for both engines. I had to fly about 2.5 hrs to get down to 150 gallons. Then the gauge started to run down. A better way is to monitor the system page on the PFD. There you can see gallons consumed Vs gallons remaining. There’s nothing wrong with the gauge currently that I can see.

Moved to User Support Hub Aircraft & Systems since some users cannot reproduce.