Baron G58 - Audio panel (GMA1347) dead after SU6

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?

• Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

• No dev mode or changes made therein.

Brief description of the issue:
Audio panel in the Baron is completely dead after SU5. Doesn’t light up, and none of the buttons function. Only Com1 is accessible. It’s like the avionics switch isn’t powering up the audio panel.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Try to use the Baron’s audio panel

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

After SU6.

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no

Brief description of the issue:
Nothing clickable in the Audio Console: nav1, nav2, spkr etc…

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Load up the G58 select a NAV freq and try to select a NAV button for audio. nothing happens

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Latest 12.6

Same here. The buttons do work via sim connect events and variables but the VC audio panel is dead. I use an Air Manager panel so it doesn’t really affect me (and I probably would have never noticed it) but I just happened to notice it when testing out a new panel and comparing it to the VC panel.

Same issue here with the Baron. MS Store version on PC. Also noticed after SU6

Confirmed: I have the NXi installed but still, the audio panel is completely dead on the Baron, no lights, no click zones. It’s aircraft-specific (IOW it works on the Bonanza). I think we need to change the avionics service company or at least call them and yell at them, so much broken after the last overhaul. :slight_smile:

Tks for confirming this

Duplicate of Baron G58 - Audio panel (GMA1347) dead after SU6

1 Like

With only 8 votes, I cannot see this getting fixed for SU7 (or even 8 or 9 )

Being “Lost For Words” would normally be an issue as a pilot, , but in this case it’s OK, as the radios do not work in any case.

Just amazing that with the Know changes to the the other aircraft panels in SU6, that the Barron “slipped by” without it being noticed that it’s Radio Panel was 100% unresponsive.

1 Like

Well, the radio works. It’s the audio panel that doesn’t. So you’re limited to 1 radio only during flight without the ability to monitor anything else. Not a show stopper in itself considering the H35 only has 1 radio. Just makes things more awkward.

1 Like

Can’t get COM2 to work, it seems to tune, but no way to select it.

Same issue. Moreover the management of the radios we have liste the markers too.

2 Likes

This is not the first thing lost on the Baron; the prop sync was taken away as well. I wonder what else is going to be lost in the coming “UP?!?dates”.

This wasn’t fixed in Sim Update 7. Anyone read anything about this planning to be fixed yet?

I use PilotEdge ATC and not being able to switch radios is not good.

Mute marker functionality gone too with this regression.

Audio panel and prop sync not available/inop on Xbox as well. Pretty sad for such a nice plane.

This needs to be fix kinda ridiculous that it is not fix after SU6

This missing and INOP features of the G58 really need to be resolved ASAP - its unnaceptable given that the Baron is part of the Deluxe Edition that users paid extra to get.

4 Likes

It seems that the audio panel works in the normal livery, but it isn’t clickable in some custom liveries.

I just tried the normal livery and then every other livery that I had. None of them have the audio panel functional. It is not fixed.

I have no alternate liveries, just the default for that plane. And it doesn’t work for me either.