Base geo data for the Caspian Sea coast of Iran/Azerbaijan/Turkmenistan/Kazakhstan is way off and forms a bulge

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

No mods active in this area

Brief description of the issue:

Coast geometry/water height seems to be way off, forming a up to 30 meter high bulge on what should be a pretty flat coastline. There’s also holes in the water mesh following my flight path. On picture 3 is a “block” of water I crashed into. Indicated altitude at that spot of the coast (where water and land meet) is -80 feet, the block is probably those 80 feet high.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

east of OITL

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Standard FS with no mods active in this region, up to spec with patches and WUs, flying the standard Kingair

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Terrain Data and Pre Caching set to Ultra, level of detail set to 230

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

current

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

So I flew the Kingair down to OINJ, and then continued the coastline in Developer Camera all the way up to Kazakhstan, the bulge persists all that way and then turns into a steep cliff as, I guess, the altitude of the landmass north of there is higher than the water height of the Caspian Sea. Means maybe there’s something off with the Caspian Sea modelling overall.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Same observations and screenshots as the OP.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: