Basic Airport Layout Updates

I flew out of KPIE last night and noticed the airport layout is quite out of date.

What’s the process to get basic airport layout information like this fixed?

Are we entirely beholden to 3rd party scenery?

I just want accurate runways and taxiways… I feel like that should be pushed live to everyone rather than rely on 3rd party scenery purchase/downloads. It would be more consistent for all users then.

I think the process would be to scan through the linked forum below to see if the issue(s) have already been reported and add additional info if necessary. If not, post a new thread and make a formal bug report via Zendesk.

1 Like

Thank you…

Looks like this issue was reported in September 2021…

Pretty sad that KPIE is still massively incorrect more than 2 years on.

If I understand correctly, that would be a part of what the Scenery Gateway is intended for. That said, despite all the talk about it, I haven’t a clue when this is going to come to the sim.

I know you don’t wish to be beholden to 3rd party purchases and downloads, and I get that. If you’re playing on PC, though, there is a freeware mod available on flightsim.to called “USA Small-Medium Airport Layout Fixes” which fixes and updates a lot of the runway/taxiway layouts at a number of regional airports across the US. KPIE is one of them. The mod author did a great job with some of the regional airports I was interested in flying to/from.

USA Small-Medium Airport Layout Fixes for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

1 Like

That’s really great info. I’ll look into that mod.

Is the Scenery Gateway live? I’m willing to learn how to modify scenery to contribute to basic issues like this.

The scenery gateway isn’t yet live. It’s been teased for a while, but no date’s been set for release as far as I know.

1 Like

Thank you truly.

1 Like