Bassin d’Arcachon seems to be censored - Bing doesn't show anything to indicate why

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

I am once again trying the Bordaux - Seattle achievement and I saw a part of the map, which seems to be censored.
It’s in Bassin d’Arcachon. Does that look like that for everyone else as well?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

flying over Bassin d’Arcachon near Bordaux, France

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly to Bassin d’Arcachon, observe :smiley:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Shouldn’t be relevant, at least one more person has reported the same bug in my Post

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Bassin has military installations right on shore and nearby based on a quick search of POI in the area.

Nation-states often blank out or provide low resolution data for Operational Security purposes. Satellite Imagery data providers also adhere to such requirements when providing commercial products.

Several Airports in Spain have this exact situation. One has a perfectly high resolution imagery of half the airport. The other half occupied by the military is low res.

6 Likes

This is a problem with the satellite picture. If you compare with Google it is very similar.
In the same area the Banc d’Arguin in front of Pyla dune looks as an island. I have been there several times in the morning (summer) and the banc was visible but underwater.
The sim (still?) has no tide effect.

1 Like

looks good to me

https://goo.gl/maps/DKd9u9xuwE8tNkHR8

Go to satellite image

I did… looks normal to me. Google isn’t optimized for a flightsim scenery stream, so there are the typical edges. But beside that the picture is high resolution and not cencored. Not sure what’s Bing hiding there. Maybe a warship?

The blurry area is probably because there was a cloud in the satellite photo and they have retouched and colored it

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

no, I do not see the square as reported on OP screenshot. Nevertheless, looks like some texture are missing on the left side but maybe due to a mix between satellite picture limitation and the reason provided by @CasualClick in above post.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: