Be Grateful

Persons should be grateful to the Asobo team for the work they have produced so far, I want to thank them for restoring the coastlines and cliff lines in Msfs 2020. I think if users follow the guidelines when it comes to updating, this would reduce most problems that users are having. The only drawback I face on my end is the slow download. The Aircraft developers need to get their ball rolling a little faster, the next problem I found which has not been fixed is the big rocks at TNCS (SABA), I hope that they get this fixed sometime soon. I find that the Caribbean islands are being neglected by developers as well.

38 Likes

From a user experience, this is not actually the user’s fault or burden in some cases.

For example, MS-Store Users - occasionally, they will launch FS, only to get to the Gaming Store App. Which implies in some cases, Windows Updates on the user’s Local PC are pending. Why doesn’t the sim just say that to the user, rather than inexplicably popping up a program that they didn’t want to launch?

Not everything is PEBKAC :slight_smile:

7 Likes

We should also be grateful to those that complain loudly about issues like these.

25 Likes

I thanked Asobo when I bought this sim for $120.
They surely understand and aren’t asking for extra kudos.
Meanwhile we get atleast 3 of these threads a week😒

This is also very problematic.
That’s great for YOU!
Meanwhile you don’t speak for people who are legitimately having technical problems when “following guidelines”.

26 Likes

Thats easy to say if you aren’t effeced by major issue’s some still have issue’s even getting the sim to install. Myself have hardly had any issue’s since release i think have had one CTD when using the sim and probably 10 when using the SDK.

But if I was one effected with issue’s that make the sim almost unusable or not usable in some cases I to would be moaning and not be grateful.
There even seems in some cases, that people aren’t getting the support their custom should get. Seen several posts with people just getting generic replies to tickets and what seems like no real care for the customer.

7 Likes

If you went to a restaurant, ordered a piece of chicken for dinner, and it came out half raw - would you be grateful for it?

I’d make the case that the vast majority of issues are completely unrelated to any “guidelines” for updating.

The latest blunder with the doubling of lift from flaps and crazy low take off / landing speeds certainly has nothing to do with the steps the end user takes to update.

Don’t get me wrong, there are lot of things in MSFS that I enjoy. Some great work done in areas. But also pretty lacking in others.

21 Likes

No, but a simple contrived analogy to drive your point like that doesn’t help.

A more appropriate analogy is “If you went to a restaurant and ordered a 10 course meal and thought that half of them were absolutely fantastic and the other half no so great would you be grateful?”

The answer obvious. It depends on if the only items I liked in the meal were the ones I liked or hated and if I wanted to be helpful to make the meal perfect.

A more balanced view is that, given that half of the meal was fantastic I’d at least recognize that there was a lot to like about the meal and knowing that the cook did such a great job for half of it, try to help the cook do better. That is much better than simply being angry or nasty.

Disappointment I understand, I have it with MSFS too. But I’d prefer to be helpful and for now, focus on what works really well as I wait for other things to get better. And even help them try to make it better.

9 Likes

We all want the sim to be better, no question of that. But you need to understand this was sold as a fully working simulator in August, not early access
which it is.

And this latest screw up, breaking flaps by accident cos they didn’t mean to release that part of the flight model update
and THEN saying they’re not going to patch it until early March
and THEN taking a week to respond to all the calls for a hotfix
and THEN hoping no-one notices that by waiting a week and then saying they’ll release a hotfix next week it means the hotfix will be out early March.

So
they’re not issuing a special hotfix for it, they’re just trying to make it seem like they are. And as for pushing everything else back another week so that the hotfix can be ‘thoroughly tested’
wasn’t world update 3 pushed back so it could be thoroughly tested? And look what we got.

And you want us to be grateful?

Yeah, good luck with that.

16 Likes

I would like to be grateful and I was, till the last update arrived.
Today the sim is at it’s worst condition! For me is unplayable due to many bug issues and new graphic slowdowns in some areas.

Before the last update I was playing every day and having fun. Today not anymore and I am loosing any interest. I tried to give it a change again last night, the flaps bug makes any airplane impossible to land naturally. The word “grateful” has no meaning now. And in case they don’t fix some serious things in the next update, for me is done

1 Like

I Would be More Grateful if there where no forced Updates which Brake things every time. It was Cleary Not ready for Release.

Oh dear

I’m an old *art, born in the 50’s and I still remember when the customer/supplier relationship was a contractual arrangement where the customer gave money for a product that was functional, satisfactory and came with some sort of period limited guarantee
end of story. The customer had no obligation to the suppler beyond handing over cash.

In these days of spin, hype, nudge theory and “managed truth” the consumer has lost ground and is less important, the supplier calls more of the shots (and the customer sometimes even becomes the product). The phrase “The customer is always right” has fallen by the wayside and youngsters think this situation is normal because they have no experience of how it could be different
please don’t collude with this situation.

11 Likes

Greateful for what???

I paid 120EUR for this game. If it was free, of course, I will be grateful all day long.
I paid for this game based on their advertisement !

8 Likes

I find this post a bit confusing. You tell others to be more grateful and then provide details about things you would like to be better, that developers need to get their ball rolling faster and point out something that has been neglected.

So, are others who are also pointing out their own issues not grateful? What is the metric for correct levels of gratefulness? Or perhaps you are speaking of different behaviour on the forum? Or are we presuming people are not grateful? How do we know how grateful? Can I have an issue and be frustrated about it and still be grateful? Or will I never be grateful? Or if I couldn’t get the sim to work properly, when can/should I be grateful?

Sorry, I’m probably sounding a bit pedantic or sarcastic, but I’m still grateful.

:grin: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I will be grateful when they stop breaking their own product. The latest update screwed up scenery created using Asobos own SDK and placed biomes no longer work properly so months of work is spoilt and cannot be corrected due to another bug. So I have just lost interest because I cannot rely on the updates not to make the sim worse in some ways that it was pre-update.

And I fed up with seeing lod related tearing in mountains too. This bug was introduced many weeks ago and nothing has been done to sort it out, if anything its marginally worse since the latest update. Issues with water have been there for months too. They break something and nothing get done to sort it out.

For now, I am leaving the sim alone and concentrating on other pastimes instead. Life is too short to spend months creating something just to see that time wasted by buggy updates.

2 Likes

it’s an incredible sim and the rate of development and updates has been spectacular.

it’s not broken or unflyable

2 Likes

Honestly $130 isn’t that much money nowadays. Considering the complexity of the project, there isn’t much profit for MS compared to other product lines of theirs. At some points MS decided to abandon the Simulator completely. For what reason they picked it up again I don’t know, but I do feel grateful for their continued effort to carry it on.

1 Like

I’m much younger than you and I’m shocked and sorta disgusted at this new consumer behavior.
I first noticed this particular behavior in 2012 when Microsoft released MS Flight. The AVSIM staff in particular silenced and censored any hint of negative feedback/review of that flopped title.
I felt that was totally dishonest and from there I knew the consumer side of the relationship with these product companies had no shame in coddling appraisal of a subpar product. Now here we are and the very behavior is evident yet once again.
Constant kudos and inflated appraisal of mediocrity and subpar service/performance seems to be the new thing as consumers seem to grow more overly attached emotionally to the new shiny product.
Another example a VR headset company called Pimax who’s headsets are literally burning and melting atop of wearer’s noses right now are still being coddled as “oh no that was a rare occurrence/malfunction”. Not by the company but disturbingly by the consumers themselves. Meanwhile more and more cases of the headset having this same potentially very dangerous internal component meltdown are popping up. Along with the absolute horrid RMA/customer service/tech support consumers are still recommending people buy Pimax. Consumer Stockholme Syndrome like behavior seems very real these days.

1 Like

Genius, isn’t it. So many won’t realise what happened there. LOL

Really?

And you’re quoting whom exactly in “pandemic”. The same pandemic, by the way, that claimed a family member of mine.

So I’m flagging your post and I hope never to see you on here again.

3 Likes

Quoted for research.