Beech King Air 350i Requires the Correct GPS to Operate Properly

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

no mods

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

beech king air 350i

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

Brief description of the issue:

Approach to any airport at correct altitude. Engage APPR to intersect GP. GP appears in white ready for intersect, but it never happens. I end up descending manually, more aggressive though because I have already bypassed TOD. About half way down, It connects abruptly to the glide path and takes control of the plane.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

non needed

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Approach to any airport at correct altitude. Engage APPR to intersect GP. GP appears in white ready for intersect, but it never happens. I end up descending manually, more aggressive though because I have already bypassed TOD. About half way down, It connects abruptly to the glide path and takes control of the plane.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

CyberPowerPC Gamer Supreme Liquid Cool SLC6600SAM w/ Intel Core i7-13700F - NVIDIA RTX 4060

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

I just started using King Air now

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I even tried coming into GP intersect point 100FT lower thinking for some reason it is below me, but still no intersect of the GP. Again, I manually start descending and again about mid-way through GP, the plane abruptly starts to be controlled through the rest of the GP.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

We’ve moved your topic into the User Support Hub.

The Bug Reporting Hub is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce without duplicating an existing bug report. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the User Support Hub category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report and no duplicate exists, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

1 Like

I have really no understanding or why…but thank you?

Igot it to work here. Really bad sim of the avionics. Make sure the radio is tuned in and active.
You might try putting yourself in parking at an airport and just try to tune the nav radio in like
KPXH rwy 26 freq=111.75

hope this helps

you might also want to try the G1000 mod for the KA350i it makes it much easier to deal with.

1 Like

Thanks, gonna try that now

Well that just made the King Air a pleasure to fly again. Not only did that do perfect approaches, even the altitude is more stable. The original equipment fluctuated 200 to 300’ either way. Was really silly. You have made my day sir!
If that original equipment can’t be fixed, you would think the designer could have done the something.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Please can you direct this information to where it would be most helpful. This is additional important info on this topic, but also encompasses the use of and installation process of the Kodiak. The whole problem with the Asobo’s King Air 350I started when I followed the installation process of the Kodiak. Because the Kodiak comes with it’s own complete G1000nxi system and they do not want it interrupted by Working Title’s system because of incompatibility, they instruct you to remove the Working Title’s addon in MSFS to fly the Kodiak. This essentially is what broke the King Air and gave me problems. When I reinstalled Working Title’s addon the King Air again ran fine. I just wonder how this will reach Kodiak pilots that might not know how they are affecting the King Air flying characteristics.
Thanks,
Mike