Beechcraft 99B Commuter Won't Take Off!

Just got the new Beechcraft 99B Commuter.

Buyer Beware!

The Aircraft works perfectly, however, apply full thrust to the engines on takeoff and the plane does not accelerate too quickly, in time enough to actually take off!

UPDATE: Disregard the last message, it was I who done it wrong. The Aircraft actually works fine and is flying!

The Aircraft however does not seem to Take Off on the runway at T/O Speed when you spawn at the gate. You may have to Spawn on the Runway!

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? If I have made a mistake during pre-flight preparation etc?

Hi there!
I have moved your topic into #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft
The #community:marketplace category is for discussion of the marketplace and not items in it. For 3rd Party content, use the sub-categories in #third-party-addon-discussion
Thank you.

I have removed the caps in your title and the body of the post since they contravene the Code of Conduct: Code of Conduct - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Thanks for your understanding

1 Like

Ah of course. My apologies on that!

1 Like

Hi Daniel
I have just bought this as well, and have the same problem.
Can you tell me what I am doing wrong, thanks

1 Like

Unfortunately I am still working out what I done wrong myself! Prior to Take Off on the 99B, it seems to work. However from cold and dark to Takeoff, it seems like I am making a mistake myself

What are the engine and propeller indications during takeoff?
Can you upload a screenshot of this part of the panel during the takeoff attempt?

Is the prop lever at 100%? Is the fuel lever at 100%? Both need to be full forward for takeoff.

1 Like

Is your flight model set to “Modern” in the Flight Model options menu? “Legacy” breaks MSFS aircraft and aircraft not taking off is a common symptom of “Legacy” being set.

1 Like

Yep. Both are set to 100%

I did not think of that actually!

Although it does take off when I choose a runway and then press “Set as Departure” on the world map. Hence the engines are already running!

When I spawn at the Gate as my Departure point, the aircraft is at a cold and dark state. When I set the aircraft up and taxi out to the runway for takeoff, the aircraft won’t takeoff on the runway. It only takes off if I spawn on the Runway with the engines already running!

Same question as above, what are the engine and prop indications when this problem occurs. Panel screenshot?

To start with, Prop and mixture were at 100%.
After a little experimenting, I found that, if I didn’t exceed 75% on the throttle, all seemed to be OK.

I just bought this plane today. Could not get it started. The prop was spinning but no indication of Ng on the gauges. I thought maybe I need to turn on fuel somewhere. No documentation could be found. Major disappointment with visual looks, like it was thrown together.