Beechcraft Baron G58 no engine sound / silence inside cockpit

Hello.

After WU 6 I have no engine sound inside Baron G58 Cockpit… the only thing i hear is atc and outside the wind and other vehicles on airport. This only happens for me inside the Baron. All other aircraft work well so far. I have the PC version.

Does anyone else also noticed that?

Greetings

Not saying this will work, but I have experienced issues like that previously in FSX/P3D and I think MSFS handles sounds in much the same way. If you press Q on your keyboard it should toggle all sounds off/on, I found simply doing that in the past will workaround this issue - worth a try, will cost you a second or two.

It goes without saying, and I know it’s been said to death on the forum, but have you tried removing everything from the community folder?

1 Like

It was caused by the 50th Anniversary Edition Livery for the plane… what the hell have this to do with the engine sound? But whatever thx for the tip :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you got it fixed! The sim certainly does work in myserious ways :joy:

1 Like

Had a similar experience with the corenado piper arrow PA 24… Had to change to external view and back to cockpit to regain the engine sounds… Happened randomly during my flight…

I confirm this PA24 engine sound going mute from inside cockpit after a few minutes flying is still there after SU6. Scary at first as you think your engine just shut off.
But eventually after going external view and back to cockpit the sound returns. However now with default c172 engine sound… Weird!

I had the same issue and found there was a file in the community folder that in the sound.xml file the line MainPackage Name=“Asobo_Baron_G58” which is correct here had the following which is NOT correct MainPackage Name=“Asobo_Baron_G38” - edited the error and problem solved.