Beechcraft Baron G58 unable to start engine

When using the Beechcraft Baron G58 I am unable to start the engine. When using the Step by step plan, “before engine start” is working fine. Everything is online the engine is starting with a minimum rotation. But when coming to page two “engine start” right after using the right jumper from off to on the engine will shortly rpm up and then the complete cockpit will go off (completly energy lost) I did it a few times and every time the same.

It is also happening when using the autocomplete function. At this time the KI is able to manage to hold the rpm for a few more seconds and than same, cockpit death with no energy showing up.

No problems with the Beechcraft KingAir 350i.

I don’t have any mods installed. and from flight simulator, only the region updates and the new garmin device.

I tested it with the thrustmaster tca bundle connected and disabled all buttons to prevent some side effect from one of the buttons

I never use the in-sim checklists. They just overcomplicate everything.

Hide the yoke so you can see what you’re doing.
Turn on both batteries and alternators, along with the avionics master - that’s the first five switches on the top row.
Turn on the fuel tanks
Prop and mixture levers full-forward (bring mixture back a bit if at high altitude)
Left fuel pump switch on, start left, pump off
Repeat for right side

1 Like

Probably a fuel selector bug. I have that too and I can’t manually start many airplanes. SU5 bug with no fix yet from Asobo on their aircraft. Only the third party planes have been getting fixes on a case by case basis.

Try with an empty Community folder. I don’t have that bug on any of my planes.

ok thanks, this is working, but still strange that the “tutorial help” doesn’t :smiley:

Just found I have the same problem. Unable to start the right engine due to my inability to turn the Right Fuel Selector ‘ON’ with the mouse even though it shows the mouse rotation circle with the arrow in the direction to turn it. Without the Right Fuel Selector being ON, I’m unable to start the right engine. The Left Fuel Selector works fine. Flying with only the left engine operational doesn’t really work.